Discuss Which Competent Person Scheme? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Girlyspark

Hello peeps. I am thinking it is time to apply to the NIC or Elecsa or.. etc, etc. However, which one is the best? What are the pros/cons of each?

I have worked with another spark who has had various nightmares with NIC and don't know if this is common. If so I'm not sure I could put up with their shennanigans but are the other schemes as bad?

All comments greatfully received.

Nic is rubbish,sloppin shoulders un look after the punters more than the trades person ,nappit is the better option car more fer the tradesmen but walk a tight rope ,hope this helps un just my opinion [titter]. . . . .

I've had no major problems with NIC, the tecline has always been answered pretty quickly, the only complaints i have is that they take forever to reply to any email you send them & their certs are a tad pricey (I now print my own with easycert).

Thanks for your answers. However, I've applied for Elecsa now! Assessment next Tuesday - ooo! I narrowed it down to Elecsa v Napit but Napit's website was cr*p, so that decided it!

Easyfox - Easycert? Is that a software system that prints out your certs complete with results or is it just the blank certificates? If the latter, do you have to muck about with carbon paper?

Easyfox - Easycert? Is that a software system that prints out your certs complete with results or is it just the blank certificates? If the latter, do you have to muck about with carbon paper?

Yes with easy cert (from tysoft) you can either overprint onto NICEIC certs or fill in a (BS7671 style) non NIC one that has your company logo on (you can chop & change the logo at will & set up auto signature).
I use the template certs while testing on site then fill in the NIC purple (for domestic) certs using easycert when back home, or use the BS7671 style certs if the work has beed non-domestic.
1, overprint directly onto existing NICEIC certificates and reports (green/red or purple).
2, print BS 7671 certificates onto plain or company headed paper.
3, BS 5839 certs onto plain or headed paper.
4, BS 5266 certs onto plain or headed paper.
5, print of site template certs.

Take a look here

Welcome to Tysoft!

hi girlyspark,i`am looking at joining elecsa as a domestic installer too , could you tell me what they will be assessing you on and is it at your place of work? only i`ve heard that they let you do the major at your own home, is this true?

Well, I've had my assessment now and have been accepted. Hooray! Have received all my bumpf etc - very exciting: very pen, mousemat, coasters, keyring, post-its, calculator. Little things please little minds! I'm thrilled though.

The assessment was at my house as I used my rewire and board change for my assessment - so you're right, Essexboy, they do let you do that.

The chap was nice and reasonable. He first went through all the paperwork, procedures etc that you have to have. Then he looked at some of my test certificates. Then he looked round the installation and got me to explain some things, ie zoning in bathrooms, how I had carried out supplementary bonding, how I had designed the wiring etc. He got me to do some tests - Ze and ring continuity. He was testing my knowledge throughout the entire assessment but almost as if it were coming up in conversation.

Well, it's been less than a month but so far I'm happy!

Reply to Which Competent Person Scheme? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock