Discuss Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

NICEIC just because we've been with them for donkeys years (well apart from a falling out we had over money owed to us so we went to Napit for 8 months lol)

To be honest if we weren't stuck in the AC rut we would probably register with Elecsa as their members are always singing their praise something the other schemes don't have!

Last edited:
Fully approved ?
Is there a partly approved status ?

Think he meant the AC scheme, which some (not meaning Sparkylec) think is the Holy Grail of schemes.... No different from any other scheme IMO... Just more expensive lolol
If you've been on the AC scheme for years and know and get on with your area engineer then showing him a plug top will probably get you a pass!

Think he meant the AC scheme, which some (not meaning Sparkylec) think is the Holy Grail of schemes.... No different from any other scheme IMO... Just more expensive lolol
If you've been on the AC scheme for years and know and get on with your area engineer then showing him a plug top will probably get you a pass!

That's a bit harsh RWJ,

I think you have to show him where the little wires go as well.

I am registered with NAPIT. I was going to register with NICEIC as they are more recognised by the public; but considering 90+% of people I talk to don't know who they are anyway I went with NAPIT. They were more friendly, helpful, thorough & a little cheaper I registered with them.

They have been very good so far.

do the msc's work in different parts of the country or are they country wide. whitch ones would you sugest for scotland

Hello all,

I will be a qualified Domestic Installer within the next couple of months and will probably choose Elecsa, purely from what I have read on this thread. I have however heard of a registering body called 'Stroma' which only charges £250.Does anyone have any info on them?

And what do you actually get from a registered body other than to become legal, a genuine question as it will help me to choose? Stroma is £250 and I will be legal!

Last edited:
With NAPIT. I have had no issues at all with them but my renewal is coming up next month.

Is anyone familiar with ELECSAs annual fee. + 1 MCS technology

Has anyone else moved from NAPIT to ELECSA?

What would people recommend as to what company to go for when first starting out.. Most people i see go for niceic but is nappit and elecsa just a good or not...

10 years now with my business, but I was a QS for 6 years previously before owning a business so 16 years with the NICEIC for me

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm transferring to niceic from elecsa this weekend, purely to help my business, sad fact more people recognise the brand and to stand any chance of getting on any tender lists its something I have to do.

Just set up and looking primarily at domestic works so went with elecsa. £440 inc vat. Chose them after recommendation from other sparks.

Really am starting from cold with just a link with local builder and kitchen fitter

still trying to figure out who best to go with, any help would be much appreciated and will let you know who i go with..

NIC and others, for housebashers.
ECA for professional engineers, industrial and commercial.
Bit dearer but you get what you pay for
Or none if you are a member on here.

Reply to Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net