Discuss Wires under no floorboards ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

How would you approach laying in ring downstairs with no floorboards or joists just bare ground, the property is being refurbished ? Bit puzzled by this one !

Wow that was fast ! Yeh normal joists and floorboards and the way we have laid them they will end up laying on the ground (bare earth) under the joists

Client has gutted the house and wants everything done last week is tight fisted and wont allow drops from upstairs but still a good idea anyway. Unfortunately its done now laid around the outside of the room. Could go back when the joists are in. Oh and yeh the client is moving in 5 days from now ! best of luck with that then.

Client has gutted the house and wants everything done last week is tight fisted and wont allow drops from upstairs but still a good idea anyway. Unfortunately its done now laid around the outside of the room. Could go back when the joists are in. Oh and yeh the client is moving in 5 days from now ! best of luck with that then.
I would of chased, boxed and dropped conduit in from the KO box to just under FFL so all the hard works done. waited until joists were put in, then go back and run cables in through the joists and clipped where needed.

Plastic conduit and single 2.5s then client can't have and not suffer the consequences.

Reply to Wires under no floorboards ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Good morning. Needed some advice please. I am getting an AC condenser unit installed on an outer bedroom wall but only after some internal...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
hello theres a damaged cable under floor boards in either the living room, hallway or dining room. the 'downstairs sockets' mcb type b in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock