Discuss Wiring a Reason 8 bell box to a Galaxy dimensions alarm panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi chaps I have a Reason 8 bell box and I want to wore it to my galaxy dimensions alarm panel . Can anyone help me as the alarm panel has 4 connections - a picture of a bell ?and a Aux and a GND ?
The Readin 8 has 5 connections.
Can anyone advise me where to wire what .
Thanks in advance guys .
Thanks
Paul

a pic of the terminals in the panel and in the bell would help.
basically, you feed a perm. + and perm - to the bellbox ( this is the hold off supply). then you have a sw. - (trig) to activate the bell, and a tamper return from the perm - via the bell tamper seitch. addded to that is a separate sw - to activate the strobe.

a pic of the terminals in the panel and in the bell would help.
basically, you feed a perm. + and perm - to the bellbox ( this is the hold off supply). then you have a sw. - (trig) to activate the bell, and a tamper return from the perm - via the bell tamper seitch. addded to that is a separate sw - to activate the strobe.
Thanks for the reply mate . I don’t have a pic to hand but I’ve found the attached pic online . Does the picture look right to you .
Thanks Paul

Attachments

• 19B7D99F-8F14-4DAB-9D22-C797F781C2F5.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 12
need a pic of the bell box connections strip.

Reply to Wiring a Reason 8 bell box to a Galaxy dimensions alarm panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all I hope you are well. I had a new Alarm Panel installed in January and all was working well until I got a new Consumer Unit installed...
Replies
Views
Hello, First of all, thank you in advance for any helpful insights posted in response to my question. I have just moved into a new home. With...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a blink video doorbell and want to connect a 12v mechanical bell (pic attached below). I know Blink only allow 16v-24v AC transformers...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock