Discuss work related apps in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I recently became the proud owner of my first mobile device (we're somewhat behind the wave in Africa). First thing I did was install tapatalk but I honestly couldn't get along with it. I didn't find i t intuitive and I could only read posts, not interact with the forum controls. I dumped it in favour of Opera mini. Maybe I'm just too old to go through anther learning curve for mobile platforms.
not at all marvo, i use the app for some things and the browser for others.

there is no way to view likes etc on tapatalk.

i like tapatalk because it alerts you when someone has posted in a thread you have subscribed/posted in

Shanky88 I said this on another post
About how you had better take up keep fit as you have the biggest pair of man ----- I have ever seen ! They are bigger than mine ! I can see why you wear that mask

not at all marvo, i use the app for some things and the browser for others.

there is no way to view likes etc on tapatalk.

i like tapatalk because it alerts you when someone has posted in a thread you have subscribed/posted in
Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick and expected it to be something it wasn't. I thought you'd be able to use all the forum features, I couldn't even find a way to attach images etc. No biggie, I'm back in familiar territory with Opera mini.

Marvo I can't attach images anyway I tried to give myself an avatar yesterday an hour later I have yo need to find a 12 year old to teach me I think

At the moment the attachment system is only functioning for members who are Arms ranked and above. Its for security reasons and hopefully it will be restored for the general population in the near future.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick and expected it to be something it wasn't. I thought you'd be able to use all the forum features, I couldn't even find a way to attach images etc. No biggie, I'm back in familiar territory with Opera mini.
it wont affect tapatalk users because when you upload a picture through tapatalk it hosts it on tapatalks servers.

it is simpler now after one of the recent updates

You don't have to replace your phone. Apps also work on tablets, you could get yourself a cheap one. Probable cost less than getting a new phone.

Oh I have got a tablet I think , I have a kindle ! ! Am I moving into the 21st century or what even know what a snapshot is ,can't do them but know what they are
I feel a dude

haha, dingle. you're same as me. a techno-dinosaur. like the toys, but prefer to play with the box they came in.

Was at a recent fluke demo where they had the meter readings being sent to their phone by bluetooth.they connected a clamp on meter and stood about 10 ,15m back and the readings came through and they were able to trend them and email them, they are not available yet here in ireland but its the future, systems called fluke Connect, at a guess it'll be pricey

Ok another question please I need a new phone ............all I want is a really good memory keeps things forever type of thing ,can take and send pictures does emails and would like a torch on it !does not have to be flash robust would be nice oh I am on t mobile

Reply to work related apps in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net