Discuss working on your own property in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think you will find the whole idea of part P is to work on other peoples property if its your own property you can do what you want however notifiable jobs still apply and you should involve building control for those jobs.

If you are doing the part P soon it way be work you leaving the jobs until the course is done then you can use the jobs in your own property as the assessment.

Chris

Thanks Jason, so eventually when fully qualified and member of a part P scheme i can put in a new consumer unit and a new radial to the kitchen for an electric hob/cooker and certificate it myself without involving LABC.

dont forget to bill yourself and get something back from the taxman:)

Don't get this is it a joke or am i just being dim?

Thanks Jason, so eventually when fully qualified and member of a part P scheme i can put in a new consumer unit and a new radial to the kitchen for an electric hob/cooker and certificate it myself without involving LABC.

You will be able to do this in your own and anyones elses house.

Thats the idea of becoming registered:)

Cheers, its just that you come across all sorts of stupid things, eg one of our lecturers, when he was in the real world, said he was responsible for signing off electrical work at all sorts of buildings when at work, but couldn't legally do simple things in his own home since he was not working for his company then.

If you are working for someone then there is someone who signs off part of the cert.

If you are working for yourself, and you have the 3 signature certs, you will sign all three boxes.

Cheers, its just that you come across all sorts of stupid things, eg one of our lecturers, when he was in the real world, said he was responsible for signing off electrical work at all sorts of buildings when at work, but couldn't legally do simple things in his own home since he was not working for his company then.

Seems like your Lecturer was ,technically, correct.whilst he was working for his employer he would have been working under their scheme or association registration.He would not be able to apply this qualification of registration to work he privately undertook in his own home then or now. I beleive there is a discounted Competant Person Scheme membership suited to College Lecturers etc whereby a reduced Membership fee is payable which allows something like half a dozen notifications per yearto the applicant.

spark1

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to working on your own property in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net