Currently reading:
Wylex CU (old stuff)

Discuss Wylex CU (old stuff) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

last cable going into earth bar is from lighting circut!! the G.Y was cut short!!

code the carrier!! NEVER!! i did however have to take a nice piece of cable out of the carrier that was sat there!! replaced with 5a wire now!! :)

yes noted the RCD with no discrim!! code 4
also the lack of earth sleeving through out code 4
and the unfindable ROD code 3 (last PIR said it was underfloor boards and apparently the 6mm earth to rod was undersized so they upped it to 10mm...!! REALLY still looks like old 6mm to me!)

last paper work for PIR said underfloor..!

i got a Rod Reading of 42 ohms so nothing to doubt me otherwise! not interested in ripping up laminate to look for a rod :)

i have although quoted for a nice shiney new one to be fitted OUTSIDE!

I would code 2 it because of that wooden frame the dist board is made up of they are a fire hazard if you get a fault within the board and with those boards you do , if the carrier are showing signes of over heating not just the fuse flash marks , but a proper over heating of the carrier this could be due to a poor terminal where the copper of the fuse carrier has lost its elasticity causing a loose fit of the fuse then i would code 1 it againg as a fire hazard

Reply to Wylex CU (old stuff) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock