Discuss Zs Measurement on plug and play lighting in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Modster

Hi Everyone,
Any advice on the following -
Lighting circuit in a commercial installation (shop), Fixed wiring to Junction Box, The new light fittings are wired using 2.5mm plug and play flex's which are fed from the fixed wired jb's. Where shoul Zs be measured ?
At the end of the fixed wiring ie the jb's.
At the extremity of the circuit , ie the end of line of the plug and play flex's.

My thinking is you still need to meet the 0.4s disconnection at the circuits extremity regardless of how its wired, Others are saying the equipment doesnt form part of the fixed wiring as it is plug and play and the equipment is portable. i disagree with this as the equipment itself is fixed and not meant to be portable in its nature.
Please let me know your thought on this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

I always go for furthest point in the circuit which would be a light fitting. This is the worst case scenario for the protective device with regards to fault protection. Those who say it doesn't form part of the fixed wiring are overlooking the fact there is no intermediate protection between the light and the dist board.

As Westard10 has posted at the furthest part of the circuit it will also prove LCM.Sometimes it can be probmatic when doing dead tests due to pir relays.

9413023_must-see-shia-labeouf-to-play-john-mcenroe_5474db7b_m.jpg

Reply to Zs Measurement on plug and play lighting in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Planning on wiring my neighbour's summer house which will be 15 metres away from the end of the house (20-25 metres total distance from...
Replies
Views
I need to get an outside floodlight fitted, just need to think the best way to keep things logical. Just want to make life easier for whoever...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have two almost identical circuits of outdoor 12v lighting setup in my garden, each running off a separate 20W 240v-12v transformers...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock