Discuss 1 day re-wire.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would get them to quote for the full rewire of the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham palace. Probably knock both out over a weekend....:D
Save the tax payer a small fortune

I don't know mate.... I really fear for that property too if it's a real thing.

If the 1 day rewire squad can do that listed building in under a week without destroying all the original features , ceilings and flooring I would be rather impressed...

If the 1 day rewire squad can do that listed building in under a week without destroying all the original features , ceilings and flooring I would be rather impressed...

My only hope it that the original install is all in conduit that can be re-used.

Assuming 5 day weeks and normal holidays 6000 rewires at one a day is just short of 26 years doing rewires not sure you could keep going at that pace for that long

Looking at the video it looks like it's a very basic rewire with not many points and to have the plasterer in at 2 and be all finished before 5 doesn't quite ring true having done 1 day rewires many years ago too many people / trades start to get in each others way

Assuming 5 day weeks and normal holidays 6000 rewires at one a day is just short of 26 years doing rewires not sure you could keep going at that pace for that long

Looking at the video it looks like it's a very basic rewire with not many points and to have the plasterer in at 2 and be all finished before 5 doesn't quite ring true having done 1 day rewires many years ago too many people / trades start to get in each others way

On his other videos he does admit to often having to go back to jobs the next day for a few hours to ‘tidy up’

So I can imaging come 6pm on site they just down tools and leave it a right old Shyte hole. Then go back the next morning and put floors back down and clean up etc.
They probably do achieve all the chasing and cable pulling in a day but there is no way they leave the place spotless come 6pm...

Didn’t they go into liquidation as it was JRC property solutions before?

You are correct. My information is that they ended-up owing five-figure sums to HMRC and several wholesalers and were liquidated as a consequence. This information was imparted by a former employee who I encountered on a recent job.

^^^ Agree, doesn’t matter how you look at it, corners have to of been cut, to get it done in a day. Why don’t they use double the amount of staff, they could do two a day!

Be interesting to see below the surface; bet none of the old wiring was removed, what was the loft space like, no thermal insulation, suitcases or Xmas trees to slow them up, etc etc :)

While I was working in a top-floor flat with my apprentice in Glasgow last summer, this company turned-up to rewire the flat next door. I noticed several non-compliances concerning cables not being installed within prescribed zones and not being clipped anywhere in the attic. This is how they can do rewires in one day ..... by flooding the job with bodies and by cutting corners. But in today's "I want everything done yesterday at the cheapest possible price" marketplace, this particular business model is always going to reap big rewards. One thing they have got right though is their pricing structure. Some of the cut-throat pocket-money prices that get submitted for rewiring jobs in Glasgow are unrealistic.

Home Rewire's unique selling point is speed. Mine is quality. I emphasise to potential customers that a quality finish takes time, effort and care, and is unlikely to be consistently achieved when you're continually working at high speed under pressure. By marketing themselves as speedy and efficient, Home Rewire hold a competitive advantage insofar as those of us who tell potential customers that the proposed rewire of their new house (I don't rewire occupied properties) is going to take considerably longer than one day are made to appear pedestrian and inefficient by comparison. Clever marketing indeed if somewhat misleading.

While I was working in a top-floor flat with my apprentice in Glasgow last summer, this company turned-up to rewire the flat next door. I noticed several non-compliances concerning cables not being installed within prescribed zones and not being clipped anywhere in the attic. This is how they can do rewires in one day ..... by flooding the job with bodies and by cutting corners. But in today's "I want everything done yesterday at the cheapest possible price" marketplace, this particular business model is always going to reap big rewards. One thing they have got right though is their pricing structure. Some of the cut-throat pocket-money prices that get submitted for rewiring jobs in Glasgow are unrealistic.

Home Rewire's unique selling point is speed. Mine is quality. I emphasise to potential customers that a quality finish takes time, effort and care, and is unlikely to be consistently achieved when you're continually working at high speed under pressure. By marketing themselves as speedy and efficient, Home Rewire hold a competitive advantage insofar as those of us who tell potential customers that the proposed rewire of their new house (I don't rewire occupied properties) is going to take considerably longer than one day are made to appear pedestrian and inefficient by comparison. Clever marketing indeed if somewhat misleading.
Excellent points and well made. I'm afraid speed isn't my game - I'm more interested in quality.

While the boss I freelance to who builds extensions loves my thoroughness the guys on the job are constantly ribbing me about my slowness. Offerring "grandad" as they like to call me, a wheelchair/zimmer frame (hehe) moaning "oh no we'll have to wait four hours now for him to finish!" (not true!) Taking the mick out of my combover as they call it. It is true I am not speedy gonzales I challenged them to second fix 24 sockets faster than me and properly and I would give them £50 if any of them beat me. No takers though..
Don't get me wrong they are good lads but wicked ribbers, ok if you're not a snowflake.

At the same time an elderly neighbour a couple of doors down from me is having a kind of rewire. Two people in a two bed lounge and kitchen, using existing wiring and a box change. Been there ten days so far. True it is occupied but that didn't stop our brave Scots doing a house in a day! So very different time scales indeed.

While the boss I freelance to who builds extensions loves my thoroughness the guys on the job are constantly ribbing me about my slowness. Offerring "grandad" as they like to call me, a wheelchair/zimmer frame (hehe) moaning "oh no we'll have to wait four hours now for him to finish!" (not true!) Taking the mick out of my combover as they call it. It is true I am not speedy gonzales I challenged them to second fix 24 sockets faster than me and properly and I would give them £50 if any of them beat me. No takers though..
Don't get me wrong they are good lads but wicked ribbers, ok if you're not a snowflake.
Been through all that how fast can you work crap before mugs fall for it and the boss loves it. Boss is behind the scam.

Reply to 1 day re-wire.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock