Currently reading:
17th edition course

Discuss 17th edition course in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nealhibbert

I am starting the 17th edition course in February. From what I have seen am I right in that you are allowed the book in the actual exam, or am I being really stupid? Last edition I worked to was the 15th :rolleyes4: and been outa the game for a very, very long time.

Alright guys,I have just sat mine late December and you can only take a copy of 'The Regs' now, no OSG. This was at my local college, it may differ from center to center, but unlikely.
I added post it note 'tabs' and was allowed to use my BGB, with area's highlighted.

My best advice is try and get any pass papers and try a few mock exams yourself, the main thing is being able to work yourself around the book.
It's fairly easy and don't panic and Good Luck.

When I took mine in 2008, we were the first batch for the 17th ed., the OSG had just come out (months after the BRB), and those who had it, could take it in, but this was not provided by the college.

So I wonder why they changed this ?, unless as you say different establishment=different rules, but also as you say this is unlikely.

When I took mine in 2008, we were the first batch for the 17th ed., the OSG had just come out (months after the BRB), and those who had it, could take it in, but this was not provided by the college.)

For me I find the OSG far easier to navigate through, when we have done all our college calcs,I used the OSG, very rarely the BRB, so for me the having the OSG would have been a bonus, but I think they want you to know how to use the book and what question relates to what section.

Best way to prepare for it is to take the practice tests untill your eyes turn square and eventually you will remember some of the questions and correct answers.

Some of them will have you hunting through the book.

I know this is gonna sound weird but if you are a bit nervous, (which to me is a good sign as you are taking it seriously) concentrate on breathing deeply, in your exam, keep the blood and oxygen in ya bonce.

Neil, practice the past papers you have and you'll be fine. I was always of the understanding you are allowed to make notes in the back of the regs book to make it easier to locate page numbers etc, which is what I have always done. I did my 17th update last year it's mostly about being able to interpret the regs book and find the relevant info hence why the practice papers are useful. All the best

Reply to 17th edition course in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock