Discuss 18th Edition - How has it changed what boards you buy? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2go

-
Official Sponsor
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

We're interested in what changes you've made to become 18th edition compliant.

We want to ensure we're stocking what you need most at Electrical2Go.

So Overload and Surge Protection...

Are you buying fully populated 18th Edition boards? Or buying cheaper boards and adapting?

Cheers,

Electrical2Go HQ

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
Same as Peter above.

I feel the dual RCD boards are still compliant as both AFDD and SPD are not compulsory. The former is suggested, but far too expensive. The latter is not suggested for 'single dwelling units' which I take to be a domestic household which is the only electrics I do.

I think both the AFDD and SPD's are a good idea but at £200 per AFDD they are not financially viable for domestic consumer units. As for the SPD's I may look in to that over the next few months, this will depend on 3 things:
1. Cost.
2. Whether the regulation actually does mean they are not suggested for domestic households as it sounds.
3. What my scheme (Stroma) suggests when I have my next assessment.

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
Only fitting Hager now. Can get a fully loaded with SPD for £150 for the 16 way i believe. Quality boards.
Chris, you show me where you can get a fully loaded Hager board including SPD, RCD's and MCB's for £150 and I'll eat every hat in my house!!?

S

Squid

Chris, you show me where you can get a fully loaded Hager board including SPD, RCD's and MCB's for £150 and I'll eat every hat in my house!!?
I will sell you one for £149.99p, ketchup or brown sauce with the Fedora and Tabasco with the Panama?

NDG Elecs

-
Arms
Esteemed
My local eddys are doing them for around that price I think. I noticed a flyer in there and thought the price for the board with an SPD wasn't overly pricey. I may be out by £30 though as I just glanced at it..

O

Octopus

We're interested in what changes you've made to become 18th edition compliant.

We want to ensure we're stocking what you need most at Electrical2Go.

So Overload and Surge Protection...

Are you buying fully populated 18th Edition boards? Or buying cheaper boards and adapting?

Cheers,

Electrical2Go HQ
Not made any changes and won’t be anytime soon

There is no way that I will be wasting my customers hard earned cash in the near future.

Manufacturers should not be influencing JPEL/64

AJshep

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
At the moment I'm installation Lewden RCBO boards, they are cheaper than the leading brands & offer A and AC type RCBOs as well as SPDs (if required)
Their type 1&2 combined SPD is rather expensive though !!!

Although their is nothing wrong with split load consumer units, 531.3.2 note ii can't be easily determined.

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
I buy dual RCD Hager boards and keep a stock of breakers.

When the box runs low I buy another.

It works for me.

rolyberkin

-
Arms
Esteemed
I buy SBS compact dual pole rcbo boards, keenly priced and easy to fit, have given customers the option of fitting an SPD which adds about £30 to a board. I tend to have a price cap on rcbo's of £15 per way max. I sometimes fit the odd BG or Lewden rcbo board when I need one quickly as local suppliers sell them.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to 18th Edition - How has it changed what boards you buy? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom