Discuss 2013 Passat oem remote signal wire to reverse camera question? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hardtland

DIY
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Passat SEL Premium that had a digital OEM backup camera. Had to replace the head unit with aftermarket and tried a digital to analog converter for the oem camera and it didn’t work. Have 3 wires from the OEM camera. Solid power (red), reverse remote signal wire (blue) and ground (brown). The reverse signal wire throws voltage when put into reverse so I figured I could just use that wire. But it distorts the camera image. I’m not educated in how remote signal wires work but I’m trying to wire this dang camera without having to use a manual switch. Son keeps forgetting to turn it off (via manual switch) and it drains the battery if left on without driving for a couple days. Is there a switch out there that will open the circuit when the reverse single comes on? Or, is there another way to do it? Again if I wire directly to the red it is on all the time and works (or through a switch to turn it off and on), but not currently using the blue remote signal wire (live when placed into reverse, but doesn’t work as main power source to aftermarket backup camera. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2013 Passat oem remote signal wire to reverse camera question? 6EE6F3BA-18BB-4D91-8DF4-45B3E2D81F58 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to 2013 Passat oem remote signal wire to reverse camera question? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock