Currently reading:
2395 starting monday

Discuss 2395 starting monday in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What do you want to know? I did it in December

thanks for reply mate much appreciated ,

just want to know whats involved from a sparks point of view whos done it , i know all the providers have detailed course details but always better talking to someone whos been there.

anything to look out for ,should studying GN3 be enough to pass it or is that being naive ?

did you pass ?

A lot of it is getting the terminology exactly correct. GN3 is a major component in it obviously.
Do you do testing at the minute? Definitely helps to have the practical experience of it.
The course I did went through all the basics, lots of calcs.
The exam has 6 questions which are split down into sub questions. Some are worth one mark, some 15.

Make sure you have the latest GN3! I had people on my course who had the 16th edition one and wondered why they couldn't find the word EICR in there

Yeah I did pass :D did the 2394 as well. Are you doing both?

A lot of it is getting the terminology exactly correct. GN3 is a major component in it obviously.
Do you do testing at the minute? Definitely helps to have the practical experience of it.
The course I did went through all the basics, lots of calcs.
The exam has 6 questions which are split down into sub questions. Some are worth one mark, some 15.

Make sure you have the latest GN3! I had people on my course who had the 16th edition one and wondered why they couldn't find the word EICR in there

Yeah I did pass :D did the 2394 as well. Are you doing both?

my course provides gn3 so i hope its the correct one lol
i do testing eicrs usually , but just feel that i may be biting off more than i can chew because theres testing then theres TESTING .
but the reason on doing course is to learn the correct methods etc not just for the cert , i will prob do 2394-96 also if all goes well with the 95.

whats the procedure if you fail , obviously the part thats failed would determine this , but i hope its not £600 a resit :eek:

Well the 2395 is in two parts written then after waiting 8 weeks (not knowing if you passed) they ask you back for the practical if you have passed the written.

Want some test papers ?

Reply to 2395 starting monday in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock