Search the forum,

Discuss 3A fuse for bathroom fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

In many cases I have seen the owner end up using the isolator to turn off a noisy fan that rund for ages after they go to the toilet in the middle night!

I generally creep around in the dark at night, but on those rare occasions when light is needed that fan isolator is convenient. Fan off, light on, light off, fan back on.

And that's the reason many sparks would wire the fan separately back to its own switch or have the cheaper arrangement of a fan with a pullswitch.

Hard to fathom the thinking of all householders, but it's likely that many understand the reasons behind having a fan. As such, it's likely that fan isolators provide a convenient means of isolation, but also ensure that the fan does its job.

Separate switching would likely lead to unintentional build up of condensation. Those who have an irrational hatred of fans will probably try to isolate, even if it was wired without an isolator. There's no way of accounting for all people, but 3 pole isolators seem to be a fairly good compromise.

That just leaves the issue of 3A fusing ?

Actually you were beaten to it.
@snowhead in post number 40.
Looks like a useful product though...

From an aesthetic perspective I'd prefer the Click fused 3 pole fused isolator above door, with standard switchplate for light.

The only way manufacturers will look at the 3A fuse requirement is if no one buys them or regulations prohibit them. Otherwise this one is going to run and run, with everyone being of differing opinions.

Reply to 3A fuse for bathroom fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back