Discuss A question i was asked in a job interview for an electrician in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Re: A question i was asked

No m8, that wouldn't work. I know that on a dc motor you would swap the field wires around but the question was asked of an ac motor.

If you have a motor, with the ph, L1 and L2 and its spinning one way, just change one of the strappers, eg L1 and L2, you'll then reverse the motor

Thanks for your replies guys, i was asked the question in a job interview. The good news is that they called me last night to offer me the job :D:D:D

Well LScotty its going very well. I am on the maintenance team at my local hospital. Pay is ok but there are other things to compensate for that (i.e. looking at nurses all day instead of hairey arsed tradesmen haha)

Reply to A question i was asked in a job interview for an electrician in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock