Discuss Actulux controller stays in 'Alarm' after fire panel reset in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

DJAndy

Arms
Reaction score
Been having issues with a pair of linked Actulux SVM controllers.

If the fire alarm is triggered the controllers show 'Alarm' and the AOVs open as expected.

After the alarm is cancelled and the fire panel is reset, one of the SVM controllers goes back to normal, the other stays in 'Alarm'. Pressing the 'close' button on the remote panel closes the AOVs controlled by the controller which has returned to normal.

To close all the AOVs both controllers need to be opened up, powered off, back up batteries disconnected, batteries and power reconnected, and both reset buttons pressed to take the controller out of 'Alarm'. At this point the local close button on the controller will partially close the AOVs. Pressing the local open button and then quickly pressing close will now fully close the AOVs.

As getting the AOVs closed has taken more time than our schedule allows we've had to leave the AOVs open and finish the test route before returning. This lets the weather in so the LL has been asking for the AOVs to be disabled - the building contractor sent to do this job only turned off the mains!

If the 'open' button on the remote panel is pressed the controllers go into 'alarm' and the same process is required to close the AOVs as if the fire alarm had been triggered.

Does anyone know anything about these controllers and or this kind of system who could point me in the right direction?

TIA

TL;DR
Actulux SVM controller doesn't come out of 'Alarm'. Help!
What is the weather like, windy? Is the panel showing activation of the weather sensor, it is possible in windy weather the vent will not close automatically.

The weather sensor is not shown as activated only the 'alarm' LED is lit.

This occurs on the fire alarm test every week, and also when the remote panel is used to open the vents.

Apparently vents sticking open was not an issue before I started testing the alarms...

Reply to Actulux controller stays in 'Alarm' after fire panel reset in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net