Discuss Advice needed on running a 2.5mm cable in kitchen. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just needed some advice on running a 2.5mm cable.
As I'm still a trainee doing my college course, I thought I'd ask the experienced guys on how I can do this.

I have made the video on youtube to explain exactly where the cable needs running.

Here is the link.

Any advice is much appreciated

ZippyMo

Trainee Sparky

It looks like the ring has a fault after the kitchen, therefore, this looks like if you put the ring onto two radials the whole kitchen and prior back to the C.U. would be put onto a 20A radial.
That drill hole on the R.H.S. of the kitchen socket looks very near the line of the cable.

trunking along top of skirting board- move fridge, might be able to fish new cable behind the cupboard. then up, chase behind worktop, cut tile , chase in cable, repair tile. if the wall is dot& dab, might even be able to fish behind the board. ( and do something about that southern accent, i could hardly understand what you were saying. :p:p:p.)

Where does the third cable in the kitchen socket go to? as it could be an option to do as Tel has posted above but to take the cable to there making a ring and disconnecting the faulty cable.

Yes mate the grommets are definitely something I will add.

Like I mentioned in the video the house was wired around 30 years ago. Probably grommets were not even included in the regs at the time.

Where are the fridge freezer plugged into,is it possible there are points served behind them in between your 2 sockets?
This is a good point maybe that third cable at the double socket goes to the fridge/freezer socket. This is a thrown in at the deep end for a trainee in the real world of being an electrician.

I pulled the fridge freezer forward to see how much room I have and I did find an extra socket which is actually part of the other circuit containing the fused spur that I mentioned.

The 3rd cable in the kitchen socket runs down to a socket under the worktop which is a spur socket. The oven is plugged into this.

As I posted before it may be easier to ditch the faulty cable between the two double sockets and install a new one between the one right of the fridge and the oven. Have you not got a cooker circuit?

Reply to Advice needed on running a 2.5mm cable in kitchen. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock