Discuss Advice required if you have had similar predicament in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Graham

Hi all

I have completed level 2/3 2330 and 2 years ago started a job as an improver electrician at a maintenance firm.

12 months in i began working to Level 3 NVQ. However, the qualified electrician i was working with resigned shortly after. Good news is i got more responsibility and experience. BAD news is that i am doing such a good job they have no need or intention to hire another qualified spark which means i currently have no chance of being able to complete the NVQ.

The obvious solution is to look elsewhere, hoping someone will take me on without full NVQ...just wondering if anyone else has been in similar situation and has practical advice on how you overcame it to get NVQ

Thanks in advance.

Talk with the skills company and seek their advice and then talk to your management about carrying on with your NVQ portfolio. Is it the portfolio evidence that you are talking about? If it is then you can still gather the evidence but will need a witness that it is your work which could be someone else in the company. If it is the levels of the NVQ and time off to go to college then you'll have to negotiate. They'll want to keep you if you are doing sub a good job and you'll be worth more to them with papers, more legal probably as well.

Reply to Advice required if you have had similar predicament in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
I am seeking a job as an electricians mate / improver / labourer around South Yorkshire. I am based in Doncaster, i have a uk full driving licence...
Replies
Views
hi all im seeking some advice on what to do next, I have been in the electrical industry for a while but have enrolled onto a collage with my...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock