Discuss another elecsa registration question sorry !!!!!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thekingiam

was just looking at there web site and says pay by direct debit, i take it they mean pay 1st years upfront then the following years monthly?
as i am on the subject is there 1 assesment or 2

Not sure with elecsa mate. They are the worst IMO (only my opinion). Napit and Niceic more respected. By what you have said they probably allow you to pay it off in installments. I know Napit do it over 3 months. I always pay all upfront. That way it's put the way.

There is only one site assessment

as no response may i ask what the total cost is do you have to pay membership then on top the assessment.
you have to realise i am a bit thick when it comes to monney.

Yes second, third and so one years you can pay by direct debit.

444 quid for a years membership includes assessment.

Online job registrations are cheaper with Elecsa.

thanks for response i was just wondering web sites not clear on final costs. not trying to devalue other electricians but if people are saying elecsa easier to join and i have to fork out a couple of hundred quid i want the one thats more likely for me to pass.

thanks for response i was just wondering web sites not clear on final costs. not trying to devalue other electricians but if people are saying elecsa easier to join and i have to fork out a couple of hundred quid i want the one thats more likely for me to pass.

None of the schemes are looking to fail you a potential member, they want your money, though it can feel that way sometimes with the earnest NICEIC assessors.
At one time or another I have had dealings with all the current registration bodies with the exception of Corgi and Stroma. The only one I would recommend is ECA/ELECSA as they are the only ones in my experience who are genuinely interested in the success of their members businesses. They rightly reason that if your experience with them is pleasant and your company is successful, this reflects well on them and you will want to stay long term. The helpline staff and assessors I have had contact with are all time-served sparks, not only do they know the regulations but also the practical day-day stuff.
The other major schemes are just money grabbing and membership target driven organisations, whose sole interest appears to be to brag how large they are and their influence with Government.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that Stroma are the cheapest and the easiest scheme to join currently, as they seek market share and critical mass from the total Part P registered numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
was just looking at there web site and says pay by direct debit, i take it they mean pay 1st years upfront then the following years monthly?
as i am on the subject is there 1 assesment or 2

Yes. You pay the 1st year up front and then the 2nd year up front too - i.e. by the end of the first year you will have paid 12 x installments so the 2nd year is paid up too.

So by offering members installments, you will have given them a free "loan" of your 2nd years fees.

Reply to another elecsa registration question sorry !!!!!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net