Discuss Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

Does anyone have this tester or a work colleague who has one?

I'm very tempted to buy this but want user reviews if possible as being used in the real world day to day.

Click the link to read an article on it in "Proffesional Electricain"

http://www.alertelectrical.com/upload/pdf/331eurotestat1.pdf

Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Here is my own review, This tester is by far the best multifunction tester I have seen, Better than any megger or fluke I’ve seen..

It has auto sequence, which will perform a list of pre scheduled tests continuously, all you do is change the position and place of your test leads at each stage, and will auto complete each test, then simply come up with a PASS OR FAIL.

Also this tester has a full EIC CERT built into its memory, including all the visual inspections, (all the tiny boxes you will tick or n/a).

YOU FILL OUT THE FULL CERT ON THE ACTUAL UNIT. Then just plug into your PC/Laptop and print out, (even prints out on NICEIC certs)

No need to put pen to paper.

There’s still a lot for me to play about with on this tester, I will update you when I learn more on it.

Sounds like magic to me keep us posted on the practical useage

Chris

Just a few Photos to show you of screen shots on the metrel mi3101

Attachments

• Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel MI3101 Full - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel MI3101 Full.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel Welcome - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel Welcome.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel first screen - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel first screen.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel R1+R2 - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel R1+R2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel Con R1+R2 - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel Con R1+R2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel Earth Test - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel Earth Test.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel Miscellaneous - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel Miscellaneous.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? Metrel Schedule - EletriciansForums.net
    Metrel Schedule.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:
Sid,

Just out of interest, why did you want people opinions on the tester when it appears you already have one?

Or did you just want confirmation that you bought a decent make?:D

Sid,

Just out of interest, why did you want people opinions on the tester when it appears you already have one?

Or did you just want confirmation that you bought a decent make?:D

I started the topic before i had this tester.

The day after i started this topic i thought "S*d it" and brought it anyway, as i got a good deal on it.. and didnt want to miss out on it.

I thought if i dont get on with it or got bad reviews on here then ill sell it, and get my money back..

Turns out so far im pleased, and done the right thing..

But still there's things about the tester i need to learn.. so still any other peoples oppinions would help.. incase i have dropped a ******

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

Pic 8 is a 16th edition version of the schedule as protection against direct and indirect contact has been replaced with basic protection and fault protection, or at least on NICEIC forms anyway.

Hi.

Pic 8 is a 16th edition version of the schedule as protection against direct and indirect contact has been replaced with basic protection and fault protection, or at least on NICEIC forms anyway.

I missed that one, cheers lenny.

Only yesterday i went on the metrel website and installed the latest firmware for the tester to bring it right upto date with the regulations.

This must be one thing they missed on the upgrade.

The company i work for at the moment use the metrel tester range, havent seen your model there though. All i can say is there are three in a pile that are beyond repair only 2 years old!!!! The rest of them give random readings and the one i have been using flashes up with a 400v warning occasionaly even though im dead testing circuits with no electronics or the like connected? Im now back to using my own megger multifunction as im fed up with silly readings etc. Also changed the batteries in the hope something might change but no still the same.
Good luck with your tester and i hope it serves you well.

The company i work for at the moment use the metrel tester range, havent seen your model there though. All i can say is there are three in a pile that are beyond repair only 2 years old!!!! The rest of them give random readings and the one i have been using flashes up with a 400v warning occasionaly even though im dead testing circuits with no electronics or the like connected? Im now back to using my own megger multifunction as im fed up with silly readings etc. Also changed the batteries in the hope something might change but no still the same.
Good luck with your tester and i hope it serves you well.

Thanks for the info mate, does your company have the new style testers?

I will keep what you've said in mind and let you know if i have any trouble with mine, Either i have made a big mistake, or your company has just been very unlucky.

If i get any trouble with mine ill let you know.

Hi.

I have now had the very latest Firmware update sent to me by post from Metrel for my MI3101, (not available on website as of yet).

This is right upto date and also has the latest schedule of results form. as pictured.

I also had sent to me the very latest Eurolink Pro 5.5 Software for my computer, Allowing you again to print your test results out directly onto NIC forms.

Attachments

• Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? MI3101 17th small sc - EletriciansForums.net
    MI3101 17th small sc.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? MI3101 17th small - EletriciansForums.net
    MI3101 17th small.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 76
yes I can confirm this tester is the dog's nether reigns got my meter from one of the niceic road shows it was on a special as it can with the check box and the new r1- r2 switch saves loads of time and like what was said earlier prints on to the forms from the pc as soon as you down load it to the pc

Im Confused on the "Z Line" Setting.. ive thought this was just for Zs testing.. or am i wrong?

I Have it set to "Z Loop" to do Ze, PEFC & PSCC. My results seem to be as expected.. or are my settings wrong?

What exactly is "Z line" as its not on other MFT's ?

Reply to Any Reviews On The Metrel MI3101 ?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock