Discuss Are these wires neutral? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of running neutral wires around my house to all the light switches so that i can install some of these new wifi smart switches to control all of my lighting.
One of my light switches has a black and a blue wire connected together separately from the switch shown in the attached photo.

How can i tell for sure if they are neutrals?

20181204_203940.jpg

Dug out an old multimeter with longer wires to test the continuity between the switch and the light. Turns out they are neutral.

Win for me as i don't have to run a neutral to this switch now!

I'm curious on how you are going to run Neutrals everywhere.
(without ripping your house apart! :))
All the switches are on stud walls. Downstairs are close to the landing which I'm waiting to carpet and then upstairs I'm going to try running them down from the loft. Will be interesting to see if it is possible or not.

Reply to Are these wires neutral? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock