Discuss Before joining niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
To join niceic I need 2 notifiable jobs for them to asses do I need to notify these with building control or just wait till I join niceic to register them

I understand I'd need to have Certs ready for niceic guy to check

I was going to use mums house as I have re wired it and I was going to change nannas fuse board or could I add an extra socket to my house it's already RCD was just going to drill through wall from back of socket off the kitchen ring would that be acceptable

All comments welcome

I was on the phone to s guy called mark from the nic on tuesday asking this exact question.

He said every LABC is different, but if you ring up to notify them and explain your doing it for niceic assesment then they leave you well alone.

A courtesy call basically!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Agh right il ring labc see what they say

Last time I rang about a job for them to look at they wasn't bothered and I lost the job
should be a fun phone call

Most labc just see the electrics as a pain and dont give a ---- about it anyway, if you have allready rewired your house its too late to officially notify it now anyway

I wouldn't bother, just do it and use it for your assessment, I would also do a board change rather than just add a socket, the Nic normally like to see a little more than that minor works

I never got asked about notifying to labc, but once your in they will check your notifying ALL the jobs your supposed to to THEM, so they are getting all the cash from you they are entitled to lol!

Reply to Before joining niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Just qualified last Monday and I have completed both initial and periodic test and inspection courses. What is the process for joining the...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Niceic qs for two company's at same time
I will keep this short can i be a qs for niceic for 2 different company's? I am the qs at the company i work for but i am doing alot of guvvy...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
I having been trying to make a cart wheel chandelier for my wedding in July like the one in the photo attached. I have 31 lamp holders in mason...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock