Discuss Best software for generating EICRs and advice on notifiable work in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon people...ive recently qualified and gained my gold card..was wondering EICR wise what software people use to generate reports. Cheers for any responses. Also wanted to enquire with regards to notifiable work is it simply a case that unless you get NICEIC OR napit registered then db changes etc and new circuit installs would cost an arm and a leg because of notification fees. I work for an NICEIC registered company but would like to start doing small bits of work on the side to gain some extra experience.

Thanks again for any responses ?

I use iCertifi. Cheap and very extensive suite of programs only for ipad. Take photos and include them with report. Email or print. I usually fill it in as I go on site say doing an EICR. And yes scheme membership is necessary to avoid BC fees £3-400. Congrats on the Gold Card!

Two free or almost free options when just starting out are Megger Form Filler and Electraform.
The former is very basic but simple, and the latter you pay for credits and it’s not bad but the reports use paper generously! A 12 board EICR was 35 pages.
(iCertifi seems to be popular but I’ve not used it beyond the trial. )

Reply to Best software for generating EICRs and advice on notifiable work in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi So after working for a company i have decided to go self employed and start my own business. people on checkatrade my builder and rated...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’m hoping for some advice. I currently run a small limited company that provides IT services, both commercial and domestic so I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I thought I would introduce myself on here in the hope to gain some valuable information on setting out on my own. I'm 42 and have been an...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock