Discuss Bosch GSB 18 VE-2-LI Professional in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

About to buy my first drill!!! LOL...

Looking around & have seen a good price on this. Is this alright to go for?

Sorry! But a basic question...what's the difference between the Combi Drills, Impact Drivers, Drill Drivers? (and their associated uses?) I have looked on here & found a few Drill Topics but needed to ask specifics.
Thanks

2nd week into Sparks job. Loving every minute! Au Revoir!! to the Print Trade...

IMO that looks like a good first drill - fast charge, plenty of power, 13mm chuck for holesaws.
It has hammer action, which you wouldn't really use on commercial and industrial jobs (better to use SDS) but it's really handy to have the option to get you out of the ---- for the odd couple of holes here and there, and for doing DIY.

The only drawback I can see is it's a bit big and heavy for screwdriving, so at some point in the future you might want to consider a drill driver or impact driver. Bosch do (from what I can see) a really good 10.8v drill driver and impact driver - I'm planning to buy the impact driver in the next few weeks.
I haven't got one yet but it seems drill drivers are just small drills but with a hex socket (for screwdriver bits and special hex drill bits) instead of a chuck.
Impact drivers are basically the same but a bit louder and they have some kind of 'impact action' which apparently gives additional torque and makes scewdriving easier.
But yes, I think Bosch professional are one of the best makes.

My boss just bought this one and I must say I like it.

Since I need to buy a good cordless drill for myself as well, I am now thinking whether to buy this Bosch or go for the DeWalt DC925KBD . They are very similar in power however the Bosch is lighter by 0.3 Kg and has Li batteries. The price is the same as well.

What do you guys think?

Am I the only one who thinks Bosch are crap?

Get a 24v Dewalt SDS drill
And a 12v Dewalt Impact driver
The impact driver is the best tool I've ever bought and I can't praise it enough.

These will cost you a fair bit but you will have them for years and years.
As they say, buy cheap pay twice.

A very old and boring lecturer at college once explained the differences in drill mechanisms to me and why Hilti/Makita/Milwaukee/dewalt were better but I can't remember enough to explain it on here without sounding like I'm talking rubbish.

Basically, regardless of torque, volts, battery type it's all about the internal mechanism which determins how long the thing will last and some are just made better.

I'm waffling now.

Reply to Bosch GSB 18 VE-2-LI Professional in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock