Discuss breaking capacity of overcurrent devices in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Adam_92

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’m wondering if someone can tell me in the OSG or regs that it has the short circuit breaking capacity of overcurrent devices someone said it was table 7.2A but can’t find it anywhere

7.2.7(i) OSG page 79.

Thanks very much guys also quick question where do I find codes for types of wiring? I have found the codes for installation methods

Another pick of the brains I know earth bonding should be less than 0.05 ohms but where in the regs/osg does it state that?

Last edited:
Thanks very much guys also quick question where do I find codes for types of wiring? I have found the codes for installation methods

Another pick of the brains I know earth bonding should be less than 0.05 ohms but where in the regs/osg does it state that?
types of wiring usually bottom of schedule of test forms. and earth bonding is not 0.05 ohms. that's a myth. the 0.05ohms refers to the resistance between a bonding conductor and the pipe its bonded to ( i.e. across the bonding clamp)

I’m wondering if someone can tell me in the OSG or regs that it has the short circuit breaking capacity of overcurrent devices someone said it was table 7.2A but can’t find it anywhere

The short circuit capacity of circuit breakers will be printed on the circuit breaker and will usually be either 6kA or 10kA for mcbs but can be other values, mccbs and accbs will have higher ratings.
For fuses or other devices you'll have to look up manufacturers information.

just to hi-jack thread, did a EICR yesterday . proteus 3871 MCBs, am i right in thinking 3kA?

Now i have been forced to look in a book, there appears to be a range of values for 3871 mcbs, M1-9 equals 1-9KA. TBH the table is a bit useless in my job, i always end up looking at breaker or selecting a breaking based on MI.....

proteus 3871 MCBs, am i right in thinking 3kA?

The plug-in type were M3, but the normal DIN-rail type 2's I think were M6. The only breaking capacity I'd really trust them with would be to break in half, which seemed to be an unavoidable consequence of trying to install them.

Reply to breaking capacity of overcurrent devices in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock