Discuss CCTV regulations recording other premises in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have CCTV here and it points at my house and surrounding area

Two cameras are PTZ and partol round my garden / front door but DO point at my neighbours house at their request
Every 90 seconds the partol goes back to the start.

I have had the police here asking about it (something happend in the kids park opposite) but the CCTV deliberately does NOT cover the park.
The officer actually asked if I covered the park (I told him it would be wrong and just creepy)

Screen shot of coverage attached
The line is a 'line crossing' thing from the software (it does not record the blue line), this emails me when someone crosses the line from outside to inside.

CCTV regulations recording other premises Screenshot (86) - EletriciansForums.net

If the camera is on public property then there is nothing you can do.

What does your house do that you are worried about it being filmed?

A EU ruling means domestic CCTV is no longer excluded if the camera records beyond the boundary of the property (Section 36 exception). The system also needs to be recorded with ICO and comply with DPA (Ryneš v CJEU).

Not what it says in the link below;
Last bullet point;
  • You don’t need to register with the ICO or pay a fee (this is a change from the previous law). However, you must maintain records of how and why you are capturing these images, and for how long you are keeping them. You may need to make these records available to the ICO on request.

Hi guys,
Just wondering if I can pick the brains of a few CCTV installers.
We are concerned about a neighbour using CCTV from their house to watch us. They live opposite us and have the camera pointed from a window looking out across the road and onto our property. I believe this is not the use for CCTV as it is for recording the users property and should not face onto a public highway and onto other people premises. Is there any regulations I can quote to back up my argument, or is it just invasion of privacy?
Thanks for any help on the matter, don't do any CCTV and just want to be a bit clued up on the situation before I talk to the neighbour.
Cheers
A good place to visit for this information is National Security inspectorate NSI they have a BS cctv code of practice you could download, also data protection.

You can also get some valued advice by emailing support at the CCTV Camera Centre they are very helpful and have lots of advice to give

Reply to CCTV regulations recording other premises in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock