Discuss Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I really think the aim of bitterness towards her savings is the fact she was claiming when she didn't need to

Mickey I would imagine the majority of people who utilise the benefits lifestyle, spend a lot of their money on things they dont need...ie smokes, drugs and booze. At least she was being responsible with the money.

Ah but Dave, remember the French are supposed to be our mates now. I thought more along the lines of clearing IEDs in hostile countries. There's a few round here that I'd gladly wave goodbye to

Ah but Dave, remember the French are supposed to be our mates now. I thought more along the lines of clearing IEDs in hostile countries. There's a few round here that I'd gladly wave goodbye to
You make a good point trev but afghanistan just seems like such a serious misallocation of valuable military resources when we could be using all that firepower against the french. Ok so we'll buy the criminals and workshys a few thousand 50 year old AK's from sierra Leone to give em a bit of an edge, but its gotta be france.

Sorry to bring this up because it seemed to have been dropped but this woman has claimed benefits from the government. She hasn't worked for the money she has told them that she needed it when she clearly didn't. Benefits should be for people in need not people who just want to save the money for a nest egg in her retirement. Just because she's better than most of the scroungers out there by not smoking or drinking doesn't make her right. All she has done is proven that the people who WILL NOT go to work gets too much money. If you have no intention of going to work then you should not be able to afford to smoke drink or have sky at the very least??

When I end up jacking it all in,I could handle waving goodbye to Sky,but my Newcastle brown and Cancer sticks,"NEVER" I tell you :boxing_smiley:

the fact she's saving for her retirement(most dont have that luxury) or should we say while we are helping her save for retirement shows she's claiming too much,if she chooses to live like she does thats her choice,shes claiming what she doesnt need,and thats greed,while some lads on here have paid in they are not getting the same out when they need the help,shes single lives with a dog,some have a wife and kids, they are the ones that need more,each according to his needs..no wonder people kick off.
And that's their choice. The problems start arising when people get the wife and kids purely for the benefits money which is the wrong precedent to set.

The fact that she kept the benefits in monetary form shouldn't make any difference - as I said she could have 'hidden' it by buying something which she could sell at a later date; in most cases it seems to be in the form of something which can't be sold for the same value, such as holidays, takeaways, booze and smokes.
This woman chose the 'luxury' of saving for retirement rather than the luxury of a leather 3 piece suite, big telly and sky subscription.

a someone said in a previous post, the employers know they can get help if they give you minimum wage. i havw seen THIS RISE DRAMATICLY .. IM DOING SOME ELECTRICAL WORK FOR A FACILITIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY WHO DO ALL GOVERMENT ELECTRICAL WORK AND I HAD ENOUGH THIS WEEK 7.50 PER HOUR WHILE THE GOATS AT THE TOP ARE PROBABLY GETTING 100 PH.

AND HE PAYS YOU MINUTE FOR MINUTE AND ITS 3 HOURS HERE AND THERE . SO THE GOVERMENT THEMSELKVES ARE SQUANDERING MONEY, BECAUSE ONE COMPANY GETS THE JOB BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE I'S AND T'S DOTTED BUT GETS SUBBED OUT AROUND 3 MORE TIMES. FK'N JOKE. I ONLY DO THIS NOW ON MY FREE DAYS FOR EXTRA EXPERIENCE. GET STUFFED.

MAYBE WE NEED A DICTATOR IN POWER

And the only way for this to stop is for the work to flood back and wages to rise. Too many low paid jobs where people casn continue to claim benefits. If/when jobs come back in five years the goverments tax receipts will rise dramatically.

We can do nothing just go with flow, but some people will nearly work for no gain to themselves , even me sometimes. Because if i dont someone else will andd its good to get out and about because thats how you meet potential work

We can do nothing just go with flow, but some people will nearly work for no gain to themselves , even me sometimes. Because if i dont someone else will andd its good to get out and about because thats how you meet potential work

Working for no gain can be useful to get out of the house, but you have to carefully weigh up all the costs of your business to make sure you are not working for a loss, this is unsustainable in the long term.

How do all the dole scum manage to claim and never look for work? The job I've been at this week alone had a renderer working for cash whilst claiming dole, and a painter. And they're happy to shout about it! What really hurt was the renderer was on £150 a day, and his day seemed to start at 9 and finish at 3, and with plenty of breaks in between.

Its always the same, the people who do it right and follow the rules get shafted, while the scum just get left to carry on with it.

How do all the dole scum manage to claim and never look for work? The job I've been at this week alone had a renderer working for cash whilst claiming dole, and a painter. And they're happy to shout about it! What really hurt was the renderer was on £150 a day, and his day seemed to start at 9 and finish at 3, and with plenty of breaks in between.

Its always the same, the people who do it right and follow the rules get shafted, while the scum just get left to carry on with it.

Generally speaking Im no grass, but a guy making £150 a day cash then claiming unemployment benefit, well thats pretty low...

A guy is is unemployed and claiming unemployment benefit and then his mate turns up and says "I can give you £150 if you work for me today". Its wrong, but knowing what I know now I'm not sure where I stand.

A guy is is unemployed and claiming unemployment benefit and then his mate turns up and says "I can give you £150 if you work for me today". Its wrong, but knowing what I know now I'm not sure where I stand.
I suppose if the work is a one off its a slightly different matter. If he works on a regular basis and insists on cash so he can stay on the dole, then he's a scumbag.

Personally I think its good that the tories are tearing the benefits system a new ------- and long may it continue.
Might be a few hungry kids but it'll be better in the long run.

Agreed. I earn what I earn which means I get paid no tax credits. Somebody gets paid x amount less and gets enough to bring them upto my wages. Benefits systems gone mad.

A tip for anyone signing on - make sure you sign on for Income Based Job Seekers Allowance - YOU WILL GET MORE of EVERYTHING
As far as I can see the only reason for 'Contribution Based' JSA is to stop the 'uninitiated' from claiming it - anyone would expect that after paying into the system for X amount of years they should be entitled to something back in their hour of need. Not so. If you claim 'Income Based' JSA (supposed to be for people available for work and on low earnings, ie no savings) you can get housing benefit, council tax relief, free prescriptions, free dental care, vastly reduced price college courses etc etc, none of which you get with the 'Contribution Based' one.
'Income Based' seems easier to claim as well - I have claimed a few times in my life and every time I have tried to claim 'Contribution Based' my claim has been rejected for some unspecific reason such as I just 'don't qualify'.

It took me a few goes to realise this.

Reply to Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net