Discuss Code for Armour of Swa not being earthed... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't go that far back but I seem to recall working on installations as a dogsbody in the early eighties and the existing 3 phases were red, white and blue with neutral being black?

Red YELLOW and Blue with Black as the N, or are you extracting the urine?

Nah, even a youngster like me has come across the occasional but of red white and blue

Well if that's true and I'm not doubting you, it's a new one on me, you sure it wasn't yellow but a bit faded? or maybe the light was bad and you need to visit Spec Savers, oh they weren't about, or are you extracting it as well ? lol

Well if that's true and I'm not doubting you, it's a new one on me, you sure it wasn't yellow but a bit faded? or maybe the light was bad and you need to visit Spec Savers, oh they weren't about, or are you extracting it as well ? lol

No I'm being serious, Tony had some great pictures of an old red white and blue open busbar installation which he posted up here when he was still a member.

The times I have come across it have been old imperial three-core insulated and sheathed cables (no earth)

No I'm being serious, Tony had some great pictures of an old red white and blue open busbar installation which he posted up here when he was still a member.

The times I have come across it have been old imperial three-core insulated and sheathed cables (no earth)

I know Dave only jestin

i thought white black and green are the American cable colours
And i have seen the old red white and blue three phase colours , and imo the best choice of colours, easy to see what each phase is in the dark.:)

They are, but they use the green for the grounding (earth)

In the days of our 9th edition green was one of the phases of a three phase supply

I know they use green as the earth as ive come across it many times in old domestic installation, but never seen green used as a phase , mind you the 9th addtion is a liitle before my time :)

The armoured not being earthed is a code 3 in snags and solutions. Same as unidentified wires. Hello by the way .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reply to Code for Armour of Swa not being earthed... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net