Discuss confused about regs stuff! for a change! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyork

hi peeps ive got a job to look at which is just to install a new freestanding cooker to existing cooker outlet. how for does this rcd business go...

if i was going there to add a circuit then clearly it would need rcd protection under most cicumstances but what happens when its just a connection?

also another job to go to tomorrow, plumber says bonding is ok and just need to take a feed up into the loft from airing cupboard for combi boiler, again they might not have rcd protection and as im altering the electrical circuit id need to provide some, or if i incase it in some trunking then its ok??

cheers ne dears.

ps . Bane check your inbox!!

you will need rcd protection for the boiler as you are running a new circuit,but i wouldnt bother too much about a cooker swop over as you are not altering the circuit in anyway ,and you wont be giving a cert for the cooker will ya.

I assume it wont be a new circuit it will be an addition to an existing circuit but if you use trunking you could fit an RCD Fused spur surely this forefills all requirements

as for cooker........nah! lol

Reply to confused about regs stuff! for a change! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
I'm in a questions asking mood tonight. I briefely looked at a job today and I need to recommend a board change but need to justify it. Firstly...
Replies
Views
For context i am in my 2nd year in college and my head is going round in circles a question in my project for which i need to select the right...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock