Currently reading:
cooker bang

Discuss cooker bang in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jbob

Friend told me his cooker made a bang then didn't work but nothing tripped he said he had someone look at the cooker and its goosed but told me he only has just over a year as when new kitchen got installed and it is a single oven he said their is a 6mm cable connected to the old one hence my thinking is whoever installed the kitchen. May have connected this to the old cooker outlet and not putting in an fcu as the cooker ain't drawing much not very safe in my eyes what's your opinions guys haven't seen it myself only speculating

[h=1]statutory/Consumer Rights

It should last longer then a year check into it and get it replaced
.[/h]
If the cooker should have been protected by fuse then the paper work that came with it would have stated that and then the guys who fitted it will need to replace it for not doing their install correctly

Friend told me his cooker made a bang then didn't work but nothing tripped he said he had someone look at the cooker and its goosed but told me he only has just over a year as when new kitchen got installed and it is a single oven he said their is a 6mm cable connected to the old one hence my thinking is whoever installed the kitchen. May have connected this to the old cooker outlet and not putting in an fcu as the cooker ain't drawing much not very safe in my eyes what's your opinions guys haven't seen it myself only speculating

Then everyone here knows as much as you do. Even less because we haven't spoken to your mate on the phone.

Don't know all he said guy had look and said its done but that's not my problem am only thinking about how it's been wired lol that's what a think may be wrong by the sounds of what he told me

Yeah I'm thinking its needing looked at as I think it has been installed on original outlet meaning the single ovens only protection is the breaker and prob a high one at that

Yeah I'm thinking its needing looked at as I think it has been installed on original outlet meaning the single ovens only protection is the breaker and prob a high one at that

Time to get in your wheels and go and look first hand. Then please let us know what you find. Nothing surprises me these days!

Good luck mate you may needed.

heres an oven that shouldn`t go bang........

property-graphics-_1092763a.jpgsometimes its better to get beneath all this modern technology `stuff`....
you might get some tea out of this...in a few days...
trust in Mrs Beaton

Reply to cooker bang in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back