Discuss Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who's to blame in this instance for work this shoddy, the employee under pressure to do 2 first fixes from 11.30 in the morning or the employer putting pressure on the employee to do an impossible amount of work in the time. We all make mistakes, the mistake here is to try and do what the employer has asked/demanded and as such the quality or acceptability of the work has suffered. One things for sure, the employer will not take responsibility for this mess and pass the buck onto the poor fool (no disrespect meant) who did the job. OP, dont get the sack, just walk, dont work for companies like this who probably quote unrealistic prices for jobs, driving the price down for all of us.

There's no acceptable excuse tbh.

Management are totaly in the wrong for working in such a bad way that thier employee's seem to have been pressured into not giving a fig about quality it's just a matter of get the job done asap.

Predrilling the capping will not prevent cable sheathing rubbing against screw thread eventualy causing a fault. Cost cutting (by the company) on capping is ridiculous, infact any short cut/cost cutting where Electric is involved is asking for trouble.

Tbh i find it totaly disheartening for the industry that anyone can think this debarcle of an install is acceptable (especialy with the attitude of 'when it's plastered no one's any the wiser').....being a qualified Sparks (including the short coarse route) you already know deep down this install is totaly wrong.

Gotta admit i feel bad considering RL family commitments involved but i'd strongly suggest you look long at hard at the pictures posted, take into account the general feel of the comments posted and go back to doing the right and proper thing in your new job for an employer that also respects the dangers of electricity. Should you find yourself being pressured into turning out this sort of tripe again stand your ground,stick 2 fingers up to the boss (not literaly) and just do the job right no matter what.

Over ten years I mitre my capping on own jobs, since been with this firm I admit standards have gone right down the screw is rough and overlapping but you gotta get me . We had to get across town and start another kitchen that day. Been through the not gonna get finished bull and got the flack for it like I said earlier after tiled and second fixed . What's the problem, everything would have worked everyone happy.

I'd sack you as well if that's your best efforts.i know the kind of work that you were doing is a lash in job and your boss has probably priced it on suicidal rates hence why you have 2 to do in aday but COTF.there used to be a thing called pride in your work sadly it looks like a thing of the past.

Hahahahahah.
Cut that piece of the wall out with the mess still attached and sell it to the tate gallery. They buy ****e in all the time.

This is a total wind up but very well done. Obviously someone has too much time on their hands.

I really hope this is a wind up.

However, to answer the OP's original questions

"could be getting sacked" Good, I am pleased to see that your gaffers have standards. IMHO the sack is you getting let off lightly.

"please advise" Firstly, put away your butchery kit and never look at it again. Then, I believe that some of the bus companies are taking on trainee drivers. I suggest you contact them. Finally, although I am no legal expert, it appears to me you have an excellent case for sueing whover suggested you work as an 'electrician'. You even have photographic evidence to support your case.

Thats the biggest load of unpleasant drivel ive had the misfortune of reading on this site.
If getting sacked is getting off lightly for cables sticking out the side of capping what punishment do you suggest ?
Obviously being the supreme being all your work will be perfect.
Go and spout your cruel comments elsewhere cos you making this forum look bad.

Probably time for the OP to look at "Show us your installs" thread!
IMG_0264.jpg

Reply to Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net