Discuss Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Biff there's just no need to do a job like that you couldn't walk away from that could you

Probably not no , a bit of pride in youre work goes a long way. But.....
I've done exactly the same kind of work as the OP before and its not nice - conveyor belt kitchen refurbs in council houses on an estate , main contractor breathing down your neck everyday , crap money , working under the threat of getting sacked if you delay the other trades , grief off the tennants etc etc...
I did it for 6mths and without doubt the crappest job i've had.
Theres been plenty of times i've cut corners under pressure so i'm not gonna have a go at someone else for it even if the work is poor.

OR...

Has this been posted by the manager to get reaction from others in the trade.......

I have made apprentices rip out work that was better than this and reinstall it !

Cheers for feedback I knew myself it was rough but not dangerous had no access from upstairs so running more cables than normal ,used to use 3 rows of horizontal capping got told not too . If that would have been plastered and tiled then what problem would there be . Screw in centre wasn't done blind was pre drilled. Get to office at 7 tools out half eleven get paid 4 hours. Happened day before , we wait for 4 hours and get one hour waiting time as gesture

sorry, mate, but if you think that standard of work is acceptable, then you're in the wrong trade.

sorry, mate, but if you think that standard of work is acceptable, then you're in the wrong trade.

Yeah sorry about any harsh comments pal but I'm afraid I agree with telectrix on this.
The amount of hours I've put in to make right someone else's mistakes is unreal.

And I'm self employed!

We all make mistakes now and then but at least put it right before you leave.

Had a job this week that threw me some curve-balls... Lots of taking floorboards up and installing MF boxes where I hadn't expected I'd need them. Out of pocket time-wise, but one very happy customer, plus I know that the job I did is the best that anyone could have done. I have a huge mortgage and 2 teenage kids so my reputation is paramount.

I cannot believe anyone would walk away from that job, whatever the reasons, so I'm assuming this is a wind-up.

I really hope this is a wind up.

However, to answer the OP's original questions

"could be getting sacked" Good, I am pleased to see that your gaffers have standards. IMHO the sack is you getting let off lightly.

"please advise" Firstly, put away your butchery kit and never look at it again. Then, I believe that some of the bus companies are taking on trainee drivers. I suggest you contact them. Finally, although I am no legal expert, it appears to me you have an excellent case for sueing whover suggested you work as an 'electrician'. You even have photographic evidence to support your case.

Hey davrejonas, I can see your still browsing thread. I'm not gonna have a go m8, just want to know what exprience do you have m8 :)

Reply to Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net