Discuss Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the work aside,which is poor,getting sacked,now that depends,is this the sort of work which has been allowed in the past without anyone pulling it up,can you prove it,if so it could be seen as company practice,not that any company would ever admit to it,but if you can prove that this work is the norm for the company they have no grounds to sack you,it could be an unfair dissmisal case.but if the company normally do a decent standard of work then this could be seen as unaceptable work and you could be sacked tho only id say if deemed to be dangerous,then again it could come down to training are you qualified do the company know if you have any skills issues that need to be addressed(they will now) have you asked,its more than just one crap job and your out unless you have been warned before

WOW. Its socking and sad. I do in some way feel for this guy because he obviously actually has no clue and thats hard. How did you get your job?, have you taken any form of qualifications/Training?. If by a miracle you keep your job , i would as stated take all the Frank open opinions here on the chin. get back to the forum start learning start talking. Speak to your boss and ask if there is a experienced sparks you could work alongside until you have gained the experiences to undertake various forms of electrical installations. And suggest to your boss you would like to have a pay cut to apprentice rate as you value the job and want experience.....AND Get to college!. again if needed. Maybe just maybe they might see your honest evaluation of your own skills and see your willing but still not yet able...

ALL BEST.

The op should put it in his portfolio :cowboy:
Even rushing I could do a bit better than that lol your doing easy work and you are out of your ddepth you talk about mitre ing sheathing on your own jobs too!!! hahaha

Right I have just shown the misses this thread including pictures and she has stated that if you had left her kitchen in this state she would have punched you square on the chin. If this is a wind up then fair play you have got us all talking. NO WAY I could ever leave a job even remotely looking like that. Where is the pride ? Your supposed to be a tradesman ffs !!! Really you got to take a long at yourself. I would rather keep clients waiting and take the flak all day every day. You have got to use your voice and inform your bosses how long you NEED to do the job not how long they want to give you. If you can negotiate then you walk...simples. Get yourself another start and walk away. Or the lesser of evils let them sack you for being too slow or whatever. Neat and slow > Than fast and rough. What is wrong apart from the screw ? Really ? Honestly ? Go read the regs - Go read the on site guide - Try to remember what happened during your apprenticeship if you went through a "proper one e". Sorry mate if that all sounds harsh but if my misses didnt smack you on the chin for doing that to our kitchen the I bloody well would have. Infact if I was your guv I would probably have to take a few deep breaths to prevent myself from dishing out a slap lol.

Right I have just shown the misses this thread including pictures and she has stated that if you had left her kitchen in this state she would have punched you square on the chin. If this is a wind up then fair play you have got us all talking. NO WAY I could ever leave a job even remotely looking like that. Where is the pride ? Your supposed to be a tradesman ffs !!! Really you got to take a long at yourself. I would rather keep clients waiting and take the flak all day every day. You have got to use your voice and inform your bosses how long you NEED to do the job not how long they want to give you. If you can negotiate then you walk...simples. Get yourself another start and walk away. Or the lesser of evils let them sack you for being too slow or whatever. Neat and slow > Than fast and rough. What is wrong apart from the screw ? Really ? Honestly ? Go read the regs - Go read the on site guide - Try to remember what happened during your apprenticeship if you went through a "proper one e". Sorry mate if that all sounds harsh but if my misses didnt smack you on the chin for doing that to our kitchen the I bloody well would have. Infact if I was your guv I would probably have to take a few deep breaths to prevent myself from dishing out a slap lol.

It may Beer O'Clock but not lets resort to threats of violence 'eh ? see how a Troll can drag a forum down ? should have been locked a long while ago.
J

It may Beer O'Clock but not lets resort to threats of violence 'eh ? see how a Troll can drag a forum down ? should have been locked a long while ago.
J
I know mate im not really threatening anyone lol. Its really just a joke reply to what is a joke thread. My misses stands by her comments though lmao. She's about 5ft1in and 9.5 stone....not to be messed with nor underestimated. Sorry if I have made anyone feel "intimidated" with the reference to violence lol. Think some people really need to get a grip beginning with the op.

No drama I am sure she can dish it out when needed, as we all can, but I just hate threads like this where the OP is so obviously an Oxygen thief, and yet we all get wound up and make us all look like knuckle dragger's

J

Well this thread is still going lol.... i think for once the Mods have let us express our full opinions due to the sheer poor standard of work..... Kinda like a 'let them feed time'...... im shocked its still going, i assume its our reward for been nice under tempting circumstances a lately.. but you got to admit this thread has zero defense to all the harsh comments it has received ..... but im still betting its getting closed soon ;)

The thread can stay open as long as it stays civil and constructive. The thing that worries me is how short the list was that the supervisor complained about. The standard of work is very poor even by standards of what I see here in Africa, I'm just glad it's not my house.

Archly I feel a bit sad if he's got kids don't want to see anyone loose there jobs but makes you wonder what type of apprenticeship has he had

Kids, so have I, me and our lass struggle, but that's no excuse.
There are certain standards of workmanship, one has to earn one's employment.
The uni-celled brain life form that installed that, is taking a job that dozens, if not 100s of skilled electricians, who are equally desperate for the wages, could do an infinitely better job in their sleep.
May as well do away with training, education, interviews etc...whoever turns up first gets the job.

Kids, so have I, me and our lass struggle, but that's no excuse.
There are certain standards of workmanship, one has to earn one's employment.
The uni-celled brain life form that installed that, is taking a job that dozens, if not 100s of skilled electricians, who are equally desperate for the wages, could do an infinitely better job in their sleep.
May as well do away with training, education, interviews etc...whoever turns up first gets the job.

The thing is Archy, these type of jobs usually pay poorly, pile on unrealistic time limits and are basically slave driven, and no skilled person in their right mind would want to work under these conditions, or at least not for long.

Iam in no way excusing the 'poor workmanship' which is on display here in all it's 'glory'.

The other point here is that the OP cannot see what is wrong with it, other than a screw through the capping.... there really is no answer is there.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by davrejonas
What's the problem, everything would have worked everyone happy.

Last edited:
Well that was hard work - reading all those posts....

I have worked for companies like this in the past, but no more thank goodness. Young 'apprentices' get promoted before they have developed the speed with technique.

It is possible to do two kitchen refurbs in a day and leave them in a respectable state, so you can go home and say well that was a hard day but I wish they didn't have to cover it up with plaster....

So I would say that the OP hasn't the experience to work this fast and his manager hasn't the experience to recognize that or he considers that his commission more important than quality .

If you, the OP, needs a defense then show your MD these posts.....

The thing is Archy, these type of jobs usually pay poorly, pile on unrealistic time limits and are basically slave driven, and no skilled person in their right mind would want to work under these conditions, or at least not for long.

Iam in no way excusing the 'poor workmanship' which is on display here in all it's 'glory'.

The other point here is that the OP cannot see what is wrong with it, other than a screw through the capping.... there really is no answer is there.

1st paragraph, I appreciate what you're saying, there is something inherently wrong there...this will descend into a heavy employment/political discussion if we're not careful!, time for bed. :)

it's a wind up from the Tilers Forum, Dan will know!

I see some people are having problems viewing the photos so I've attached them. Please keep replies constructive and civil. Thanks.

imagexqo.jpg

imagerho.jpg

imagegfs.jpg

imagefayh.jpg

imagebql.jpg

i got a feeling except your post ackbar none of the others will do him any favours ;)

I'm not condoning it, but trying to work out the rational for such work. It used to be the smaller companies. You'd work hard and fast and the work had to be right otherwise it was goodnight. It appears now that profit margin is all and, as someone mentioned earlier, pride counts for nothing.

Reply to Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net