Discuss Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I can see this thread invitebly getting closed as i doubt there is going to be any positive feedback and fully believe OP has got the message by now!

This has got to be a wind up.
No previous posts and then uploading pictures of such obviously sub-standard work.

i think he'd make a good plumber. excuse the contradiction in terms.

No wonder I'm struggling to make this game pay. I'm constantly being told I'm too expensive - if this is the sort of cheap rubbish work I'm up against then I guess I must be.

I'm not sure who's actually at fault here though. You, for thinking this is an acceptable standard, or the company for putting you under so much pressure you're forced to do work like that. Or maybe some of both.

What ever happened to pride in the job and job satisfaction. I could have neither if I had done a job like that. An electrician used to be seen as a respected craftsman but now seems to be seen as a semi skilled manual worker.
I have just seen the OP wanted advise well i would say get some training and grow a pair of balls, stand up for yourself and dont be pressured into producing poor work that will give you a bad name and endanger others.

When I served my time I was sent up into a loft with no light of any description to put cables in for a loft light. As a result I got the cables twisted and after a slap was told to rip it out and do it properly (quite rightly looking back). If I'd done anything like those pics I'd have been on the wrong end of a bloody good hiding, then the sack.

Would be interested to know if the OP/firm they work for is NIC/Elecsa/Napit members tbh and also how far away from the normal installation this is.....especialy as i get the impression OP believes this isn't a bad job apart from being rushed.

On the plus side...at least there's open grommets fitted to the back boxes....

I am either in shock or someone is taking the scotch mist! Fair dues, he had the brass to consider it a fair job at a rush :)

I know what it is all about... Dom littlewood just chased him and handed him the pics of his last job, he agreed an interview but looking for a defense ;)... Cowboy Builders

Checkout out OP name its an anagram of Rogue trader ;)

Last edited:
Picasso would be proud. A real artist, but I won't say one in a million. It's frightening to say that there may be others of the same standard, God forbid.

I know what it is all about... Dom littlewood just chased him and handed him the pics of his last job, he agreed an interview but looking for a defense ;)... Cowboy Builders

Checkout out OP name its an anagram of Rogue trader ;)
?? Op's name is daverejonas. Or am I missing something?

The thing that concerns me is how many instillations have been done like this and are lurking behind the plaster ready to cause mischief?

I am nowhere near as experienced as a lot on this forum but that takes the biscuit, I wouldn't even contemplate leaving a job like that.

Speechless.

I must say the forums' mood tonite is mean lol.
You lot must be shocked easily to be offended by the OPs' work , i've seen much much worse :-D
But im at a loss to say anything positive right now.

Reply to Could be getting sacked, got pictures, please advise in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock