Discuss csa of wylex rcd live and neutral link cables in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonboy2015

Due to a burnt out 80a rcd on a wylex split board consumer unit, the consumer unit now only has one 80a rcd which all circuits (mcbs) are wired to, so a new 80a rcd has been bought to reinstate the split board. The issue is that the original live and neutral cables that linked the mcbs together have mistakenly been thrown out what is the actually csa if these cables? I don't want to obviously buy an old consumer unit off eBay just for these two short cables but I have found a supplier of various sized awg cables and I'm guessing these should do the job of the original linked cables? Any advice is appreciated

Not used Wylex boards are they solid links or flex type cables ?
But as long as the cable can take 80amps ie 16mm and above it wouldn't matter.

Thanks for your reply bryanh, they are the stranded type that run from the neutral block to the fuses etc the strands are normally crimped by the manufacturer into a long metal point for ease of use when terminating into the rcd itself.

buy a plastic wylex split load board with 2 RCDs, no MCBs. pinch the tails . cost is peanuts and you'll have 2 RCDs for stock.

MK Split Load Kit - Toolstation

You can pick up cable kits for a few quid too. Not sure of the length, but maybe Wylex do a similar kit to match ?

Thanks folks for your advice. I tried to find a cheap wylex split load board but couldn't find one cheap enough to justify the situation so I headed to screwfix and got an MK split load kit which was about 6 quid and includes 2 neutrals and a live, perfect!

Reply to csa of wylex rcd live and neutral link cables in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net