Discuss DIY - replacing manual shutter roller wall switch with smart one in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kallo444

DIY
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, DIY advise required here please.

I have the following wall switch, currently wired in as below and controlling external roller blinds.

View attachment 105723

Inside the wall view has additional wires.
View attachment 105724

My DIY project is to replace the wall switch with a smart one below

PXL_20230129_112930314.jpg

PXL_20230129_112907183.jpg

And here is my wiring diagram

wiring_dig.jpg

After switching ON the main fuse, the smart switch power ON for a second and another fuse tripped.

Do you see anything incorrect with my diagram or it was perhaps loose connection that tripped the fuse?

Many thanks in advance for looking into this!

How have you verified that blue is actually a neutral.

What actually tripped an mcb or rcbo.

That is just a circuit breaker. So the one that trips is not the circuit for the shutter?

Reply to DIY - replacing manual shutter roller wall switch with smart one in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Everyone, (NOT DIY JOB, Need advise prior to calling an electrician on site) Is it possible to swap a 3 phase rotary switch (roller...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if someone could assist me in determining whether I can replace my current 3-way switch configuration with an Enbrighten smart...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
DIY Advice required. Ive just recently brought a Sonoff T0UK1C wifi smart switch for my Living Room. The existing light switch is ya standard one...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a new home. My bedroom has an old Lutron light/fan switch combo that I want to replace with a smart one (it's adjacent to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock