Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

EICR at a large country house with barns and stables. as soon as MFT plugged into a stable socket it showed reversed polarity. Found this at the stable CU, been like that since it was installed in 2007.

FGn%6NF1RAamQt9QB89NUQ.jpg

E32D7887-066A-4FF5-94F2-1584B570D5C2.jpeg
Never assume anything. Customer has 32A MCB tripping off a submain CU in their annex. They tell me it’s on the socket circuit. Switch the power on when I arrive and stood talking but back door. Loud pop coming from garden. Only circuit out there is to a double socket in greenhouse. Find loose termination and think job done. Power back on.. pop. Narrowed down to flower bed between house and greenhouse. Unprotected T&E coming away from house under raised path then into plastic duct! Say no more. Then waste an hour trying to locate spur off RFC so it can be isolated. Finally check CU and establish it’s on its own circuit ( no labels on old MEM board) and nothing to do with RFC running sockets in annex as told by customer. :rolleyes:

It's a lesson learned, always assume the customer is not the best source of info past the fact the breaker/rcd trips, saved many an hour in my life ignoring most of what they think themselves, it's how they answer your questions that matters.

It's a lesson learned, always assume the customer is not the best source of info past the fact the breaker/rcd trips, saved many an hour in my life ignoring most of what they think themselves, it's how they answer your questions that matters.
I find it amazing the number of CU’s that have not circuit labels on them despite having nice stickers on the front to put the details on.

?! Who knows. It’s a bit strange because it looks like someone has grabbed a 4mm earth from somewhere when they could have the CPC in the pvc/pvc. I don’t think it was for bonding.

All fixed now but what a mess. Almost wilfully poor.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock