Search the forum,

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyway, I parked my electric vehicle near the charging point

WP_20180318_09_57_08_Pro[1].jpg

...and went to plug it in...

WP_20180318_09_57_31_Pro[1].jpg

Don't tell the heating engineers forum, but on a loft conversion I'm doing, I've done the electrics and added 4 radiators to the guys heating system. Customer is an old school friend and he said he was having trouble getting someone.... I didn't touch the gas... it was only on the flow and return pipes

I was told when an apprentice that the worst thing that happens if a plumber gets things wrong is that you get a little wet....
That's why electricians get paid more.

I try to turn my hand to anything. A real DIY Dave, lol. Only thing I wont touch is gas, but that's down to legislation, not my choice.

There are so called professionals in every trade that I wouldn't trust in my house

What's with the red spot on the thumbnail? Hammer related accident?
The joys of awkward fixings in street furniture where the spanner doesn't quite fit and slips of regularly. A perk of the job...

here's a good one, this was the MDB for a warehouse complex with 20 warehouses, 3 office blocks, on the right is the Utility supply incomer cabinet.
6 weeks solid work to replace and fix this up.
Adama switch room 001.JPG

We replaced with a 250amp 250 TPN eaton load centre, steel trunking cable managment, new SDBs an ATI for generator, prior to this the loacl electrican removed the knife edge fuses and put the cable from the generator ( one hanging down) into the top holder of the KE fuse holders with a pliers.
To protect the utility supply all we could do was put 12mm perspecx sheets affixed to the dexion frames. Utility provider considered it safe in its orignal state and would not replace it with the unit we bought for them.

Deleted as no pictures!

E846DF98-1D5B-4D71-9FFD-CA67D2F95117.jpeg

272249CA-3FD1-4237-934E-27A6C2C3546E.jpeg

Not electrical but I’m on the job so that counts.
Skirting board taken off to reveal the nail had punctured the central heating pipe but NOT caused any leak. Whether it was a tight puncture and sealed itself with lime scale is unknown but no damage seen in the area.
How sweet is that!

Last edited:
Lucky escape there! When I got a flat a couple of years ago the "plumber" was finishing off installing a shower, and put the outside frame on and off he went...thursday night before the september weekend, so no-one was about until I arrived on the next tuesday to meet all my downstairs neighbours paddling about in wellingtons. He had driven a screw into the cold supply pipe for the shower and it had leaked all weekend...
Certainly got to meet the neighbours!
I could go on about his reluctance to use pipe inserts with push-fit connectors...but I'll save you the angst!

Don't tell the heating engineers forum, but on a loft conversion I'm doing, I've done the electrics and added 4 radiators to the guys heating system. Customer is an old school friend and he said he was having trouble getting someone.... I didn't touch the gas... it was only on the flow and return pipes

The original heating installation would have been specified and designed given the number and size of radiators that were installed. Did you take that into account before adding the extra 4 rads? We go ballistic when amateur electricians overload a previously sound installation based on their little bit of knowledge. Just saying.

it'stime that someone invented an IDC tool for 1.5mm and 2.5mm T/E and flex.

Wid we no' need the sockets tae go alang wi'that but?
and how flexy wid 2.5mm t&e be?
Or are we gonnae be shovin' them intae telephone JBs?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back