Discuss domestic installer rewire mates shop in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petewan

A bit of advice please, my mate has asked me to rewire his shop its a old terace house turned into a shop.
i'm a niceic domestic installer, am i right in thinking i can do the job as long as i go through the council planing route, is it LBC.

Any advice would be great
Thanks pete :confused:

council planing route, is it LBC.

Are you still thinking along the lines of Part P?

You only need to notify if the shop shares the same meter with a flat or house.

If it hasn't got a connected flat or house then commercial work doesn't need to be notified.... BUT YOU DO NEED TO BE COMPETENT and you CAN NOT use your purple certs, as the NIC will go up the wall.

Jim

i know this may sound stuipd but make sure you wire in emergency lights in the building if its a shop. because its **** when you turn up to another companys job and you have to put surface trunking for em lts when its just been wired

Its just the rigmarole you have to go through explaining the technicalities of why the cert isn't red as this is the type they have been told to except, it's just easier being approved.

Its just the rigmarole you have to go through explaining the technicalities of why the cert isn't red as this is the type they have been told to except, it's just easier being approved.

Tell them your colour blind.. that should do the trick

You can't tell the difference between red / brown & green / yellow

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to domestic installer rewire mates shop in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This might be long so feel free to grab a brew. So, as some of you may know, i'm a 34 year old who has been dying to get into the industry. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm a newbie here so please be gentle... Advice on entering the industry please! I'm 43yrs old, transferring from being a self-employed...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Evening Guys, I started training as an electrician when I left school at 16 but left the industry behind before I was fully qualified. At the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New here and this question has probably been posted a thousand times, but what I'm looking for if some advice on exactly which Training...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock