Discuss Double oven thermostat problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jyork83

Hi all, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2 year old Neff u14m62n0gb double oven. Last week it tripped the house out when using the main oven. On investigation the bottom element spade connector had become welded to the chassis, it had got free from its location tabs and come into contact with the chassis. After relocating the element and screwing it all back together it seemed to work, but then it became clear the oven wasn't regulating its temp, it was just on full, constantly. I'm guessing the original fault has damaged something.
So again I'm guessing it may be the thermostat below, with the capillary wire

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/152227416536?_mwBanner=1

or this second resistor type (which has come up on my google searches) on inspection the resistor has yellowed I don't know if this is normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...6492&category=43566&pm=1&ds=0&t=1487264810491

your 2nd link does not look like a thermostat to me.follow the sensor pipe to the thermostat, see what it is. however, the stat may be OK. i had a similar problem the other week. oven getting too hot and stat not switching off on temp. was the bottom element was O/C so that the top element was getting the oven red hot, while the bottom stat sensor was staying too cool to react. measire the resistance of the elements. as a rough guide, a 2kW elemeny should read about 25 - 30 ohms.

Reply to Double oven thermostat problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a 12 year old Neff Oven b1442n0gb who's fan element stopped working. I bought a generic element from amazon (NEFF Fan Oven COOKER ELEMENT...
Replies
Views
My Neff double oven is tripping the MCB on the mains. This occurs when I switch on any function of the top oven. The model is U1744N (around 15...
Replies
Views
L
A customer has a Britannia range cooker which trips the RCD everytime the main oven is switched on. At first the problem was intermittent and...
Replies
Views
H
I do work for a kebab house whenever his electrics play up. However he also rings me when his machines break down. This is not something I'm...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all. This is a 7-year old but barely used (10 times max?) dual-fuel cooker that has started tripping the RCD when the oven is used. This is an...
Replies
Views
Scooby
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock