Discuss Editable IET model forms - full set **UPDATED 2019** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

**EDIT Oops, just realised this thread was from 2017 so the pdf's are probably out of date now :(
On the contrary: I updated the forms on 1 January (same resource link, just newer version) so these are still very much up to date. :)

I also noticed weird behaviour when using browser plug-in PDF viewer... for instance, on the drop downs on the EICR and test sheets the "tick" option (actually a sqare root sign, √ ) wasn't showing as an option, even though the other things were; but this works fine when you download it and use a "proper" PDF view (Adobe Acrobat Reader, or Preview on a Mac).

just gave these a download, seems the MWEIC 1 circuit and 3 circuit ones are the same, ie both just one circuit
Yeah, sorry about that. I haven't done a new (18th Edition) 3-circuit form (might do one someday, but I'm a bit snowed under at the moment).

Unfortunately, when I uploaded the new "1 circuit" MEIWC, I accidentally uploaded it to the "3 circuit" resource. It seems I can't delete the most recent upload, to undo this error.

If you're doing minor works on more than 1 circuit off the same DB (or for the same customer) then..:

- enter all the details that will be the same
- save the form
- quit the PDF editor (Acrobat or whatever)
- duplicate the file
- now fill in the rest of the forms
- when you're sure you've finished, "sign" it.

Saves you retyping the same info.

I've done a full set of the IET model forms, as editable PDFs, now available in the Resources section:

EIC (including schedule of inspections and one test results sheet): EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate): editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/eic-electrical-installation-certificate-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.118/

EICR (including schedule of inspections and one test results sheet): EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report): editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/eicr-electrical-installation-condition-report-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.119/

Extra test sheet for either of the above (see technical note in the resource description for how to merge): Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/schedule-of-test-results-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.120/

MIEWC (did this a while ago): MEIWC - PDF form (editable) - BS7671 Amendment 3:2015 model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/meiwc-pdf-form-editable-bs7671-amendment-3-2015-model-form.110/

MEIWC (for up to 3 circuits): MEIWC - PDF form (editable) - for up to 3 circuits - BS7671 Amendment 3:2015 model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/meiwc-pdf-form-editable-for-up-to-3-circuits-bs7671-amendment-3-2015-model-form.111/

I've got a fair bit out of the forum in the past couple of years, here's summat back.

Enjoy! :)

Thats amazing, thanks mate, dont suppose you have an additional observation sheet?

Stuff like this makes we wonder why i pay for Amtech FastTest!

I've done a full set of the IET model forms, as editable PDFs, now available in the Resources section:

EIC (including schedule of inspections and one test results sheet): EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate): editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/eic-electrical-installation-certificate-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.118/

EICR (including schedule of inspections and one test results sheet): EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report): editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/eicr-electrical-installation-condition-report-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.119/

Extra test sheet for either of the above (see technical note in the resource description for how to merge): Schedule of Test Results: editable PDF based on IET Model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/schedule-of-test-results-editable-pdf-based-on-iet-model-form.120/

MIEWC (did this a while ago): MEIWC - PDF form (editable) - BS7671 Amendment 3:2015 model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/meiwc-pdf-form-editable-bs7671-amendment-3-2015-model-form.110/

MEIWC (for up to 3 circuits): MEIWC - PDF form (editable) - for up to 3 circuits - BS7671 Amendment 3:2015 model form - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/resources/meiwc-pdf-form-editable-for-up-to-3-circuits-bs7671-amendment-3-2015-model-form.111/

I've got a fair bit out of the forum in the past couple of years, here's summat back.

Enjoy! :)

Do these match up to the 18th edition forms?

Do these match up to the 18th edition forms?
They are copies of the BS7671 model forms, to the 18th edition. The only thing I've changed is the ability to add a reference/page number to the top of each page, and added a bit of space at the top of the first page for you to put a logo on if you're so inclined.

I haven't done an additional observation sheet, no, I'm afraid you'll need to make your own if you want one. :)

For anyone interested: they were produced using OpenOffice. If you search for "open office pdf form" then there are a few videos/wiki pages on how to do it if you want to make your own versions. It's all free and open source.

They took a long time to do, that's all I'll say. They're provided free, as is, for everyone's benefit, on a "best efforts" basis. There may be bugs/incompatibilities with some PDF readers - I don't have access to most of these, and probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it if I did. I hope they're useful. :)

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular (and certainly not the poster whose message I've quoted) and I hope the following will be taken in good humour, but....: I hope you'll all forgive me if I say that that's where I'd like my involvement in these to end. I've had folk track me down and phone me up while I'm working to ask me questions about these forms, send me emails or private messages when they can't get them to work on their particular PDF reader on their particular computer/tablet/phone/chromebook laptop... I try to help where I can, and where I've got time. I've got the type of personality where I like to help folk out (hence posting them up in the first place and not just keeping them to myself) so I kinda feel bad when I don't have the resources/time to do so.

I guess all I ask is that if you've got a question about these forms, post it here (or on one of the resources pages) rather than sending personal messages or tracking me down outside the forum. If anyone else can answer the question, I'd be grateful. Feature requests are welcome, of course, and if I think they'd be useful and I've got time to implement them I'll do so, for my and everyone's benefit. :)

Cheers all, sorry for the slight rant. :)
Happysteve.

PS: I should also say: thank you to everyone who's put a positive comment about these (or clicked "like" or whatever), your positive feedback is appreciated. :)

I do my own forms and I know the time it takes just to get everything in place as far as you can, let alone to get them right as well!
Then get them set up for form filling and working right is the next nightmare!
I can fully appreciate where your are coming from, it is a massive effort and provided free to us. Thank you.

Steve,
Just tried your EICR form - absolutely brilliant, true to the IET format, maximum space possible for text, non of the additional junk or colour ink wasting backgrounds added by the part p schemes, simple to use and IT WORKS!
I can't thank you enough :):):):):)

Only minor issue I've found is with the separate file for an extra schedule of test result- the tick boxes in columns 20, 23, 24 don't seem to work for me (using the free adobe acrobat reader on my pc)? They are fine on the test result sheet that forms part of the EICR, but look different on the separate extra schedule of test results - not a problem though as easy to tweek a second copy of the eicr to create the second test result sheet that I needed.
Your an absolute hero for creating these formats and I hope to be using your other IET formats soon.
Was so sad as could not see how to provide a decent quality 18th edition document for my customers but now, with many thanks to you,
I'm a Very Happymike.

First of all thanks to happysteve, you've done a great job with these. As for what you open them with, if you want to keep them editable it doesn't matter what you open them with, adobe reader, Edge, internet explorer et. etc. but if you want to email the certificates and don't want to send an editable certificate, open them with internet explorer, click on print and set the printer to PDF then save it to wherever you want when prompted. Edge seems to have a problem with this method and quite often throws up an error.

Oh one other thing; if you want to put your own letterhead on the top of the certificates design your letterhead to fit in the space above and save it as a photo file, tiff, png, jpg etc. Goto the adobe site and sign up for the Pro version seven day trial. You will have to give payment details so make sure you cancel the subscription before the seven days is up. Before you install the program make sure you create a restore point on your system. I tried other PDF editors and all the ones I tried made a mess of it.
The reason I said to create a restore point is because when I uninstalled the program it made a mess of the reader. Luckily I had just created a restore point before I started experimenting with various programs so I was able to go back.
If you have the Pro version you don't need to use the explorer trick above you can either flatten the PDF or use print to PDF (not microsoft PDF) but this won't work if you only have the reader.

Hi Steve,
I've got quite a few questions about the form relating to it's layout, incompatibility with my computer, colour and size of the text and the font you have used. Could I have your home phone number to discuss all the above please? Today if poss, I'll be up until midnight so will write again then if not heard from you.
:D:D:D:D

Hello Steve,
Happened to see this thread whilst looking at the new look forum. Having completed an EIC and EICR last week editing manually in PDF format I think your forms are going to save me and others a lot of time in the future. Thank you for the effort you have made and for sharing on the forum

Reply to Editable IET model forms - full set **UPDATED 2019** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock