Discuss Electric enclosure inner empty space (in the bottom) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

How much empty space you have in your fuse box, to install additional device there, like 10cm x 10cm

• Have 5x5cm empty space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 5x5 and 10x10cm empty space

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jamesukl

Hi! My name is James. I am starting a company which will build a device for your fuse box. I would like to know, how much empty space you have in your fuse box, to install additional device there, like 10cm x 10cm. Also, maybe someone has any statistics of this not in UK.
Will appreciate your help!

or maybe a small sprinkler system for the inevitable fire.

I'd generally say not much spare space but that's because I cable to use the space and make things easier to access.
That said it could be possible to make space but remember the layout of the various bus bars ensures cables are pretty much going every where and with the unpredictable element of cable entry its hard to ensure there would be space.
It maybe easier to look as an enclosure that affixes the CCU on one side/top/bottom. That would allow easy entry to the CCU.

In the unlikely event it's a pie oven or sprinkler system I'm going for some sort of energy saving device that's powered by angry pixes.

I won't even put a bell transformer inside a CU these days, let alone a foreign body. Keeping everything from one manufacturer is kinda important, I have heard.

I agree, what is this mystery device?

The was a link to an anti force field / electron sorter-outer or something, recently.
Wonder if it's some witchcraft like that.

10cm x 10cm is a pretty big lump of electronics.

I think I'd have found out how much space there is first before committing to anything.

Maybe its an auto connection tightening device for those installs done without a torque screwdriver?

Not sure if the OP can answer as he might get knobbled by the mods for advertising.

For what its worth a space 10cm by 10cm sounds like a big waste of space

On that Note, Thread closed pm sent to OP.

Reply to Electric enclosure inner empty space (in the bottom) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock