Currently reading:
Electric power shower

Discuss Electric power shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John G

My shower stopped working, As the light on the isolator switch wasn't coming on, I changed the switch. The new switch came on but was very dim? when i switched the shower on it never came on and the dim isolator switch went off anyone know whats going on?

Without being there it's impossible to be certain, but based on what you've said I would be looking for a loose connection (or possibly more than one).

With loose connections, the voltage drop across the loose connection increases as the current draw goes up. This usually means lights get dimmer and any loose connections get warm, so it's entirely possible there is heat damage that will require attention (and it goes without saying that it's a potential fire risk).

But, this is based entirely on the very limited information you've provided and I could be wrong.

I always take the front off shower isolators a 2nd time after I'm finished and re-tighten the terminals, invariably they can be tightened further.
All that to say - it's worth re-checking your work.

Shower isolators are probably the most difficult domestic accessory to install, especially if ceiling mounted and close to a wall.

Reply to Electric power shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock