Discuss Electrical fire in house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

am i missing something here... the report says unsatisfactory and gives various reasons why.
Agreed, and it undoubtedly is unsatisfactory, but the thing is if you look at the report in any kind of detail it doesn't exactly inspire confidence due to the amount of data missing and the language used.
Just for starters there's no Ze or PFC figures for supply, and almost all circuits only have a Zs recorded, no R1+R2/R2 or IR.
DB10 really makes the mind boggle - there is a Zs@DB recorded so there was apparently access to it, but no testing at all, or even recording what the protective devices are. There only 4 circuits and it's impossible to test because "unable to verify which circuit belongs to which fuse".
This report also has an underrated cable size for the OCPD down as a C3 which is a first for me.

Council issued hazard awareness cert and that’s it, it should of been prohibition order. Council have conspired with landlord, I mean can you tell me any hmo that has no fire doors but has a licence. He was running it for over 2 years without a licence then he gained one in 2017 and still no fire doors. I have been through everyone and I have solicitor, I just wanted more opinions from qualified electrical guys like yourself and the others
[automerge]1593606879[/automerge]
I sent video of plug in flat crackling an smoking, that was in 2017 they did nothing because I complained I was threatened with eviction and his electrical guy said he hopes the flat burns down over my head
How much more advice would you want? Contact Building Control personally and explain the situation. Get a name and if nothing is done 7/10 days contact Citizens Advice regarding a Solocitor... Simple

The electrician has done his job in identifying serious issues.

he has made it unsatisfactory and given 6 months Till next inspection.

he reports he was unable to test one board due to mess. ( mess is my words, he says neutrals and earths terminated in wrong sequence. we all know that’s code for mess). This is why he has not tested it all.

I have not read full report, but picked up that this electrician has done his job in so far as he knows its a mess and said so within his limits.

ok I agree I would word things differently,

i agree he hasn’t tested everything, but I possibly wouldn’t either if it means extra work not quoted for to put right before I could begin testing.

his coding seems ok to me, but some will rip that apart because of our different views On coding.

advice for Tennant.

It looks like notices have been issued to landlord to get things moving. The council are involved. Unfortunately these thing take time. And Under covid restriction will take longer.

Even if the landlord does acknowledge he needs to do something, it will take time to find contractors to do the job. and actually carrying out the works will take a fair bit of time.

a lot of landlords in my area are selling up due to the new electrical inspection laws out on 1st April. Your land lord may decide to sell up Rather than pay to get the works done. It’s going to cost a substantial amount to do.

If I was you and I was in a position to I would move out.

legally I’m afraid I dont believe there is anything you can do to speed things along.

I think the advice on going to your local MP surgery may help, but since the council are involved already then maybe it won’t.

good luck.

I don't think it's always as straight forward as just moving out for some people. If Raymond has the option to move out, then he should do that. If not, then he needs a solicitor.

Good luck Raymond.

Didn’t notice the date of OP. Wish there was an alert when going on threads if they have been on for longer than a month say.

wander what happened!
I know other forum softwares have add-ons that alert a user is they're replying to a thread that hasn't been replied to in a set period of time, maybe there is something for here

I don't think it's always as straight forward as just moving out for some people. If Raymond has the option to move out, then he should do that. If not, then he needs a solicitor.

Good luck Raymond.

Good luck Raymond.

Thank you so much you hit the nail on the head. I can’t move out. High risk group plus, this whole electrical situation with the land lord was the start of him trying to illegally evict me.

After 6 months of the hazard awareness notice landowners did nothing. The garden flat I live in had no planing permission, when I moved in he told me I could use one part as my kitchen, I have all evidence of that, even got it in a transcript to prove it too. I wasn’t aware at the time he could use that part of the flat. Camden council had already issued him notice. The housing team at camden have also breached there duties.

3 years later a power cut happened, this was one of so so many. Went 3 day with no electricity also the hmo was all down too. Because I’m disabled I had to have electricity cables over the wall to next door for use of electricity.

That was final for me. Because I have a protected characteristic and the landlord knows of my condition, this shouldn’t happen.

I reported to camden and they didn’t come out to do inspection to my flat or the hmo property that landlord was running without a licence for over a year.

Instead the EHO ISSUED prohibition order. But left me in the property. Technically I’m homeless. Made so by the landlord because flat not git enough to live in. So he must pay compensation or the local authority.

So I got a qualified electrician to visit the property and as soon as he opened the cupboard he said it’s a CODE 1 camden council ignored his response to this.

Cut this story short: ukpn supplied a 3 phase network and the landlord apparently has paid out over 30k.

We are in court I have an amazing solicitor and barrister. No rent has been paid for over a year that is also in court.

The disrepair is in court too

Also he told the electrical company eon that there was a marijuana farm at my flat and this was the cause of the electrical ? in the property. This is also recorded and was passed onto action fraud.

8 flats he was collecting the money from the coin meters ever month and not paying the bill.

Because it was very high bill the landlord told them I had left the property because of a marijuana farm at my flat and all windows were painted black.

THIS OF COURSE IS ALL LIES.

So that issue is also in court for DEFAMATION my barrister has asked for 60k because of this.

Now all meters are outside in the same cupboard but updated.

I removed my meter off there fraudulent setup so I have my own meter and I pay 17£ per month and get my disability discount on electricity.

Before we were paying 50 to 80 per week in the winter, all 8 flats. One guy had his family round for Christmas he paid into the coin meter over £100.

I have faced harassment and it’s all on cctv I have evidence of everything. No hot water for over a year to today no heating. Breach of human rights. The energy Onbudsman upheld my complaints and issued compensation I refused it because it means I’m satisfied with the end result. NO WAY AM I SATISFIED.

This ROGUE LANDLORD never knew I’m a secret agent ??????

I wish lol.

I’m just a disabled tenant wanting to live safe. Is that to much to ask for?

Ahh also I forgot to say hes name is not on the land register but he signed statements of truth that he is. His illegal eviction WILL be struck out and I hope he gets put on the ROGUE LANDLORDS REGISTER

Good luck Raymond.

Thank you so much you hit the nail on the head. I can’t move out. High risk group plus, this whole electrical situation with the land lord was the start of him trying to illegally evict me.

After 6 months of the hazard awareness notice landowners did nothing. The garden flat I live in had no planing permission, when I moved in he told me I could use one part as my kitchen, I have all evidence of that, even got it in a transcript to prove it too. I wasn’t aware at the time he could use that part of the flat. Camden council had already issued him notice. The housing team at camden have also breached there duties.

3 years later a power cut happened, this was one of so so many. Went 3 day with no electricity also the hmo was all down too. Because I’m disabled I had to have electricity cables over the wall to next door for use of electricity.

That was final for me. Because I have a protected characteristic and the landlord knows of my condition, this shouldn’t happen.

I reported to camden and they didn’t come out to do inspection to my flat or the hmo property that landlord was running without a licence for over a year.

Instead the EHO ISSUED prohibition order. But left me in the property. Technically I’m homeless. Made so by the landlord because flat not git enough to live in. So he must pay compensation or the local authority.

So I got a qualified electrician to visit the property and as soon as he opened the cupboard he said it’s a CODE 1 camden council ignored his response to this.

Cut this story short: ukpn supplied a 3 phase network and the landlord apparently has paid out over 30k.

We are in court I have an amazing solicitor and barrister. No rent has been paid for over a year that is also in court.

Also he told the electrical company eon that there was a marijuana farm at my flat and this was the cause of the electrical ? in the property. This is also recorded and was passed onto action fraud.

8 flats he was collecting the money from the coin meters ever month and not paying the bill.

Because it was very high bill the landlord told them I had left the property because of a marijuana farm at my flat and all windows were painted black.

So that issue is also in court for DEFAMATION my barrister has asked for 60k because of this.

I removed my meter off there fraudulent setup so I have my own meter and I pay 17£ per month and get my disability discount on electricity.

Before we were paying 50 to 80 per week in the winter, all 8 flats. One guy had his family round for Christmas he paid into the coin meter over £100.

I have faced harassment and it’s all on cctv I have evidence of everything. No hot water for over a year to today no heating. Breach of human rights. The energy Onbudsman upheld my complaints and issued compensation I refused it because it means I’m satisfied with the end result. NO WAY AM I SATISFIED.

I wish lol.

Ahh also I forgot to say hes name is not on the land register but he signed statements of truth that he is. His illegal eviction WILL be struck out and I hope he gets put on the ROGUE LANDLORDS REGISTER

The electrician has done his job in identifying serious issues.

he has made it unsatisfactory and given 6 months Till next inspection.

he reports he was unable to test one board due to mess. ( mess is my words, he says neutrals and earths terminated in wrong sequence. we all know that’s code for mess). This is why he has not tested it all.

I have not read full report, but picked up that this electrician has done his job in so far as he knows its a mess and said so within his limits.

ok I agree I would word things differently,

i agree he hasn’t tested everything, but I possibly wouldn’t either if it means extra work not quoted for to put right before I could begin testing.

his coding seems ok to me, but some will rip that apart because of our different views On coding.

advice for Tennant.

It looks like notices have been issued to landlord to get things moving. The council are involved. Unfortunately these thing take time. And Under covid restriction will take longer.

Even if the landlord does acknowledge he needs to do something, it will take time to find contractors to do the job. and actually carrying out the works will take a fair bit of time.

a lot of landlords in my area are selling up due to the new electrical inspection laws out on 1st April. Your land lord may decide to sell up Rather than pay to get the works done. It’s going to cost a substantial amount to do.

If I was you and I was in a position to I would move out.

legally I’m afraid I dont believe there is anything you can do to speed things along.

I think the advice on going to your local MP surgery may help, but since the council are involved already then maybe it won’t.

good luck.

Good luck Raymond.

I wish lol.

If I understand you right you now at least have a safe and stable electrical supply. That is good to hear.
Sorry to hear of everything else you are going through. I hope you find a way to move as being honest this doesn't sound like it's going to end well even if you win all the court cases. Again, hope things work out.

Its one for "rogue landlords" telly programme.

Makes you wonder why we have these schemes and committees meant to make things safer for joe public when sod all gets done about things. Lightly slapped wrist, and off on your merry way....

We do joke around somewhat on this forum about weed farms... as we've probably all come across them at some time, or heard about one locally... but i bet its not fun being accused of having one.

Long term, i cant see you staying in the property. Not with landlord being the way he is. Fighting for your home is one thing, but its just going to go on and on... one thing after another.
Fight for what's due you, but i would get out at the earliest opertunity

Glad to hear landlord getting shafted, and rightly so. Good on you for utilising the equality act and using the protected characteristic of disability to your ability, pardon the pun.

We also have primary legislation in the fitness for Human Habitation Act. Speak to your legal bod and if this card hasn't been played yet then get it played as it should have a negative effect on his relicensing.

If you haven't already, have a word with the Housing Ombudsman too. While you're not in Social Housing per say, the local authority grant a HMO license, which in effect qualifies as social housing (in so much that thelocal authority grant license of operation under the Housing Act, like they do with housing associations.

Reply to Electrical fire in house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock