Discuss Electrical fire in house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think it's always as straight forward as just moving out for some people. If Raymond has the option to move out, then he should do that. If not, then he needs a solicitor.

Good luck Raymond.

Thank you so much you hit the nail on the head. I can’t move out. High risk group plus, this whole electrical situation with the land lord was the start of him trying to illegally evict me.

After 6 months of the hazard awareness notice landowners did nothing. The garden flat I live in had no planing permission, when I moved in he told me I could use one part as my kitchen, I have all evidence of that, even got it in a transcript to prove it too. I wasn’t aware at the time he could use that part of the flat. Camden council had already issued him notice. The housing team at camden have also breached there duties.

3 years later a power cut happened, this was one of so so many. Went 3 day with no electricity also the hmo was all down too. Because I’m disabled I had to have electricity cables over the wall to next door for use of electricity.

That was final for me. Because I have a protected characteristic and the landlord knows of my condition, this shouldn’t happen.

I reported to camden and they didn’t come out to do inspection to my flat or the hmo property that landlord was running without a licence for over a year.

Instead the EHO ISSUED prohibition order. But left me in the property. Technically I’m homeless. Made so by the landlord because flat not git enough to live in. So he must pay compensation or the local authority.

So I got a qualified electrician to visit the property and as soon as he opened the cupboard he said it’s a CODE 1 camden council ignored his response to this.

Cut this story short: ukpn supplied a 3 phase network and the landlord apparently has paid out over 30k.

We are in court I have an amazing solicitor and barrister. No rent has been paid for over a year that is also in court.

The disrepair is in court too

Also he told the electrical company eon that there was a marijuana farm at my flat and this was the cause of the electrical ? in the property. This is also recorded and was passed onto action fraud.

8 flats he was collecting the money from the coin meters ever month and not paying the bill.

Because it was very high bill the landlord told them I had left the property because of a marijuana farm at my flat and all windows were painted black.

THIS OF COURSE IS ALL LIES.

So that issue is also in court for DEFAMATION my barrister has asked for 60k because of this.

Now all meters are outside in the same cupboard but updated.

I removed my meter off there fraudulent setup so I have my own meter and I pay 17£ per month and get my disability discount on electricity.

Before we were paying 50 to 80 per week in the winter, all 8 flats. One guy had his family round for Christmas he paid into the coin meter over £100.

I have faced harassment and it’s all on cctv I have evidence of everything. No hot water for over a year to today no heating. Breach of human rights. The energy Onbudsman upheld my complaints and issued compensation I refused it because it means I’m satisfied with the end result. NO WAY AM I SATISFIED.

This ROGUE LANDLORD never knew I’m a secret agent ??????

I wish lol.

I’m just a disabled tenant wanting to live safe. Is that to much to ask for?

Ahh also I forgot to say hes name is not on the land register but he signed statements of truth that he is. His illegal eviction WILL be struck out and I hope he gets put on the ROGUE LANDLORDS REGISTER
When I woke up this morning I could smell fire this is what I found. I only have 1 working plug socket in the whole flat I’m worried there is going to be a fire

Attachments

• 7900CCE3-F8F4-4A55-9498-12D2AF3356F4.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 8
I don't think it's always as straight forward as just moving out for some people. If Raymond has the option to move out, then he should do that. If not, then he needs a solicitor.

Good luck Raymond.

Thank you so much you hit the nail on the head. I can’t move out. High risk group plus, this whole electrical situation with the land lord was the start of him trying to illegally evict me.

After 6 months of the hazard awareness notice landowners did nothing. The garden flat I live in had no planing permission, when I moved in he told me I could use one part as my kitchen, I have all evidence of that, even got it in a transcript to prove it too. I wasn’t aware at the time he could use that part of the flat. Camden council had already issued him notice. The housing team at camden have also breached there duties.

3 years later a power cut happened, this was one of so so many. Went 3 day with no electricity also the hmo was all down too. Because I’m disabled I had to have electricity cables over the wall to next door for use of electricity.

That was final for me. Because I have a protected characteristic and the landlord knows of my condition, this shouldn’t happen.

I reported to camden and they didn’t come out to do inspection to my flat or the hmo property that landlord was running without a licence for over a year.

Instead the EHO ISSUED prohibition order. But left me in the property. Technically I’m homeless. Made so by the landlord because flat not git enough to live in. So he must pay compensation or the local authority.

So I got a qualified electrician to visit the property and as soon as he opened the cupboard he said it’s a CODE 1 camden council ignored his response to this.

Cut this story short: ukpn supplied a 3 phase network and the landlord apparently has paid out over 30k.

We are in court I have an amazing solicitor and barrister. No rent has been paid for over a year that is also in court.

The disrepair is in court too

Also he told the electrical company eon that there was a marijuana farm at my flat and this was the cause of the electrical ? in the property. This is also recorded and was passed onto action fraud.

8 flats he was collecting the money from the coin meters ever month and not paying the bill.

Because it was very high bill the landlord told them I had left the property because of a marijuana farm at my flat and all windows were painted black.

THIS OF COURSE IS ALL LIES.

So that issue is also in court for DEFAMATION my barrister has asked for 60k because of this.

Now all meters are outside in the same cupboard but updated.

I removed my meter off there fraudulent setup so I have my own meter and I pay 17£ per month and get my disability discount on electricity.

Before we were paying 50 to 80 per week in the winter, all 8 flats. One guy had his family round for Christmas he paid into the coin meter over £100.

I have faced harassment and it’s all on cctv I have evidence of everything. No hot water for over a year to today no heating. Breach of human rights. The energy Onbudsman upheld my complaints and issued compensation I refused it because it means I’m satisfied with the end result. NO WAY AM I SATISFIED.

This ROGUE LANDLORD never knew I’m a secret agent ??????

I wish lol.

I’m just a disabled tenant wanting to live safe. Is that to much to ask for?

Ahh also I forgot to say hes name is not on the land register but he signed statements of truth that he is. His illegal eviction WILL be struck out and I hope he gets put on the ROGUE LANDLORDS REGISTER
I’m worried there will be a fire ? I woke up smelling burning and found this electric heater
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov
The electrician has done his job in identifying serious issues.

he has made it unsatisfactory and given 6 months Till next inspection.

he reports he was unable to test one board due to mess. ( mess is my words, he says neutrals and earths terminated in wrong sequence. we all know that’s code for mess). This is why he has not tested it all.

I have not read full report, but picked up that this electrician has done his job in so far as he knows its a mess and said so within his limits.

ok I agree I would word things differently,

i agree he hasn’t tested everything, but I possibly wouldn’t either if it means extra work not quoted for to put right before I could begin testing.

his coding seems ok to me, but some will rip that apart because of our different views On coding.

advice for Tennant.

It looks like notices have been issued to landlord to get things moving. The council are involved. Unfortunately these thing take time. And Under covid restriction will take longer.

Even if the landlord does acknowledge he needs to do something, it will take time to find contractors to do the job. and actually carrying out the works will take a fair bit of time.

a lot of landlords in my area are selling up due to the new electrical inspection laws out on 1st April. Your land lord may decide to sell up Rather than pay to get the works done. It’s going to cost a substantial amount to do.

If I was you and I was in a position to I would move out.

legally I’m afraid I dont believe there is anything you can do to speed things along.

I think the advice on going to your local MP surgery may help, but since the council are involved already then maybe it won’t.

good luck.
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

Attachments

• 389E713F-1079-4933-BEBA-B949AC8EC349.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    37.2 MB
you cannot continue like this. It’s disgusting. Someone really needs to get there finger out here.

anyone see the news yesterday regarding the local authority rentals in hackney. I was absolutely gobsmacked. Even the newsreader who is meant to be unbiast was shocked.
The electric sockets and lights full of water.
the inspector who visited said it was an immediately dangerous situation. Yet the electrics are still switched on and people were living there.

you cannot continue like this. It’s disgusting. Someone really needs to get there finger out here.

anyone see the news yesterday regarding the local authority rentals in hackney. I was absolutely gobsmacked. Even the newsreader who is meant to be unbiast was shocked.
The electric sockets and lights full of water.
the inspector who visited said it was an immediately dangerous situation. Yet the electrics are still switched on and people were living there.
Camden council are a bunch of well I have string words for them.
I’m gonna see if I can find the news coverage.

Saw that last night about Camden. Unbelievable. I would imagine someone will be for the high jump now that this has come out.

What was said about camden? I can add there discriminating ways of service I’m totally sick of camden

I might need to check my facts. I thought the flats they were showing on the news yesterday with mould on the wall and wet carpets/electrics were in Camden.

Edit: Apologies, it was Croydon.

A massive part of me (possibly naively) can't believe a) something can get THAT bad b) the poor residents having done everything to try and get it sorted c) The housing ombudsman hasn't got involved d) The MHCLG hasn't got involved.

If it was my gaff I'd be camping in thier office until it gets sorted.

Reply to Electrical fire in house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net