Discuss Electrical Improver seeking work in the Reading area. in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of constructive criticism: your last paragraph could do with re wording, as it may put people off. It sounds a bit 'I won't do this and I won't do that'.

That’s exactly how it was meant to sound...? I don’t work away half an hour from my address is plenty considering I live on the M4 corridor going into London I don’t work in London it’s a dreadful place for driving and getting tools around.

What rate would do you expect to achieve with your current experience/qualifications ?

I normally get about £150 a day depending on the job my last job I was earning just under a grand a week with overtime. There is Data centre work about on £18 ish for competent improvers who actually hold qualifications and not mates pretending they are actually qualified when they have zero tech tickets.

Rates round my way are normally over £16hr for an improver.

I am actively retraining in something else and have been doing so for the last year Electrician money is appalling even before lockdown I’m just doing my Am2 getting my card then leaving the trade. Agencies and Electrical contracting companies just pay the absolute minimum they can and expect people to be grateful I know many people leaving the Trade.

Interesting thread, we're looking for an electrician, pay well and assume all electricians are over run with work as we've had nothing but poor candidates. It's bizarre how one potential candidate was on £7 h/r full time, as were his colleagues and yet we had to up our salary twice.

Where do electricians go to find jobs??

Interesting thread, we're looking for an electrician, pay well and assume all electricians are over run with work as we've had nothing but poor candidates. It's bizarre how one potential candidate was on £7 h/r full time, as were his colleagues and yet we had to up our salary twice.

Where do electricians go to find jobs??

You pay peanuts you get monkeys you had someone apply that was on £7 an hr ? People cleaning Tesco toilets earn more than that.

"Where do electricians go the find jobs?"

The same with any discipline if your good, the jobs find you.

"Where do electricians go the find jobs?"

The same with any discipline if your good, the jobs find you.

Thats a Fallacy it doesn’t matter if you’re subbing to Electrical Contracting firms or working for agencies they don’t care how good you are as long as you can do the job and are fast and you won’t cost them too much money plenty of people out there can do the job and probably for less than you and that’s the problem.

Sounds like you are defeated before you even look or try.

Your "wont do this or work there" seems to back that up.

I agree this thread is doing you no favours.

Reactions: DPG
Sounds like you are defeated before you even look or try.

Your "wont do this or work there" seems to back that up.
I won’t work away because I’ve done it for years I can’t be arsed with it you’re not earning that much more than if you stay local most of the time it’s the same. I’ll work local being half hour travel and around my way is plenty there is loads of jobs going on I have jobs offered to be daily considering I’ve worked on site for a very long time and I know my job I know what I’m worth I don’t work for peanuts.

I’m not defeated at all I start work this week and have a long stretch of work coming up towards London I’m just waiting to sit my Ipaf ticket which expired recently.

Yes I don work away is my prerogative same is you have your own prerogative and probably every other person on here.

As a subby that’s a right we have to pick and choose who we work for
Of course you do, as does an employer has a right to pick and choose who he/she employs.

As for work, we've had to take the 'rough with the smooth' over the years, its not always possible to take on the 'best' jobs with employees to pay, mouths to feed etc.

Of course you do, as does an employer has a right to pick and choose who he/she employs.

As for work, we've had to take the 'rough with the smooth' over the years, its not always possible to take on the 'best' jobs with employees to pay, mouths to feed etc.

What’s that got to do with the price of fish ?

Yeah so what why do I care if you’ve had to take the rough with the smooth who cares about employers I just want to do my job get paid and go home.

• Dislike
Reactions: DPG
Iv
What’s that got to do with the price of bread ?

Yeah so what why do I care if you’ve had to take the rough with the smooth who cares about employers I just want to do my job get paid and go home.

Pretty much all your posts come across as confrontational and negative. If I was judging you on this thread alone I wouldn't want anything to do with you.

This is an observation on my part. I know you will not like it, but maybe if you go through your posts and maybe have a think about how they sound. Maybe this is the reason for you struggling to find work?

Iv

Pretty much all your posts come across as confrontational and negative. If I was judging you on this thread alone I wouldn't want anything to do with you.

This is an observation on my part. I know you will not like it, but maybe if you go through your posts and maybe have a think about how they sound. Maybe this is the reason for you struggling to find work?

im in work this week thanks I’m struggling because there is a health pandemic on something called Covid-19

bit strange though you have 8 or so people on here who clearly know each other back slapping each other why aren’t any of you in work instead of on here ?

pretty obvious this thread should be closed as thanks to a few people it’s gone way off topic.

“ Just an observation “
or
“ you sound like....”

Last edited:
im in work this week thanks I’m struggling because there is a health pandemic on something called Covid-19

And now you've added sarcasm. Well done.

Bored are you ?

I tried to offer some constructive criticism. But, as I predicted, you didn't want it.

I find it very easy to communicate with people normally, whether in real life or on this (and other) forums. As I say, you seem confrontational.

I'll let you have the last word now, I've got stuff to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical Improver seeking work in the Reading area. in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net