CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electricians mate permanent employment salary? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all

live in Essex and working in Essex and London. What is a reasonable salary for a full time electricians mate? They’ve offered me a job of 19500. It’s 40 hour weeks.

Aico 3000 Range

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
in these strange times, when 1000's are loosing there jobs every week in the uk.

If you have a firm job offer then take it.

also, i would be looking at what you can and can't do when working out a wage,

can be left on site to work on your own?
will do things not on the work list, just because you know they need doing?
the list could go on

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
in these strange times, when 1000's are loosing there jobs every week in the uk.

If you have a firm job offer then take it.

also, i would be looking at what you can and can't do when working out a wage,

can be left on site to work on your own?
will do things not on the work list, just because you know they need doing?
the list could go on
what’s the difference between what I can or can’t do in comparison to working as a subbie?

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
well,

if I was looking to employ someone, i would be looking at what they could do for me to improve my overall profit.

if they couldn't work on there own unassisted, they would be a lot less use to me than someone who i could leave at a site and pop in to visit every now and then.

a permanent employee has a duty of care attached to it, ensuring they are working safely, paying them even when work is quiet etc.

if you prefer being a subbie, set your daily rate and be happy with it.
if you want a permanant position, it will pay less than what you could in theory earn as a subbie but only if you dont have any gaps in the work schedule.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi all

live in Essex and working in Essex and London. What is a reasonable salary for a full time electricians mate? They’ve offered me a job of 19500. It’s 40 hour weeks.
Sounds about normal to me

Scolmore Electrical Products

Reply to Electricians mate permanent employment salary? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom