Discuss Electricians mate permanent employment salary? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

in these strange times, when 1000's are loosing there jobs every week in the uk.

If you have a firm job offer then take it.

also, i would be looking at what you can and can't do when working out a wage,

can be left on site to work on your own?
will do things not on the work list, just because you know they need doing?
the list could go on

in these strange times, when 1000's are loosing there jobs every week in the uk.

If you have a firm job offer then take it.

also, i would be looking at what you can and can't do when working out a wage,

can be left on site to work on your own?
will do things not on the work list, just because you know they need doing?
the list could go on

what’s the difference between what I can or can’t do in comparison to working as a subbie?

well,

if I was looking to employ someone, i would be looking at what they could do for me to improve my overall profit.

if they couldn't work on there own unassisted, they would be a lot less use to me than someone who i could leave at a site and pop in to visit every now and then.

a permanent employee has a duty of care attached to it, ensuring they are working safely, paying them even when work is quiet etc.

if you prefer being a subbie, set your daily rate and be happy with it.
if you want a permanant position, it will pay less than what you could in theory earn as a subbie but only if you dont have any gaps in the work schedule.

Wise words from James.

I employ people and I generally figure the full cost will be about twice their salary.

Don't forget your employer has to pay sick pay, holiday pay, training, for travel time between jobs, for your PPE, for your mandatory training, if they have no work for you.

The best thing an employee can do is demonstrate to the employer that they are able to make them profit and then youre in a much stronger position to bargain on salary.

The best thing an employee can do is demonstrate to the employer that they are able to make them profit and then youre in a much stronger position to bargain on salary.

At about 20 years of age, the guy who ran the company I worked for questioned a lot of my decisions on one particular day. Eventually I tired of answering questions and told him that the way I saw things was that he paid me to make money for him and the answer to each previous question had demonstrated that. I then asked if he had any more questions or if I could get back to making him money - in response he headed back to his office.

Too many employees concern themselves with details over what their job entails and whether they can palm tasks off on someone else. If they put their head down and got on with whatever needed doing, they might find that their employment became more secure and better paid.

Reply to Electricians mate permanent employment salary? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock