Discuss Fined for misuse of NICEIC logo in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I bet there are quite a few people doing that. The thing is, how many customers would actually check?

How many jobs have they done and how much have they swindled out of people over the years? Bet it is more than the £3,320 fine.

ps.... thread moved to the General section.

It seems to me that it reads like the NICEIC is more upset at the misuse of their logo than a potentially dangerous/illegal install (not saying it is dangerous/illegal, but isn't that the point of these scams, to eliminate shoddy workmanship?)

It seems to me that it reads like the NICEIC is more upset at the misuse of their logo than a potentially dangerous/illegal install (not saying it is dangerous/illegal, but isn't that the point of these scams, to eliminate shoddy workmanship?)

That Sir is an old debate which many of us on here have tried to bring to their attention face to face on more than one occasion. eg:- Elex show 2013 with 6 big members of this forum with photographic evidence of dangerous works. We may as well have been talking sign language to the "3 Blind Mice".

"NICEIC’s CEO, Emma Clancy, said, “We take misuse of our logo very seriously and we welcome this latest prosecution.

“The NICEIC name is associated with quality and we must protect those contractors who are legitimately registered with us and have the quality of their work assessed on a regular basis.

“We must also send out the message that anyone thinking about misusing our logo will be caught and dealt with appropriately by the courts.”

BUT Ms Clancy - what about the rogue traders who ARE your members doing shoddy, dangerous work - the usual deafening silence I presume!

BUT Ms Clancy - what about the rogue traders who ARE your members doing shoddy, dangerous work - the usual deafening silence I presume!

Or her reply when questioned:- How many of your members have you struck off your scheme for poor workmanship? "Erm, erm, erm, 2% of 4.6% of erm erm erm 1.7% of erm erm....... Did she actually give an answer??????

Or her reply when questioned:- How many of your members have you struck off your scheme for poor workmanship? "Erm, erm, erm, 2% of 4.6% of erm erm erm 1.7% of erm erm....... Did she actually give an answer??????

ah but misuse of a logo is far, far more dangerous than dodgy sparking....

Money grabbing, self serving, pension filling at NICEIC members expense

ah but misuse of a logo is far, far more dangerous than dodgy sparking....

Money grabbing, self serving, pension filling at NICEIC members expense

...your're worse than me neighbours' cat,for sitting on fences...:stooge_curly:

...As for the assumed "association of the name with quality",i really do not know who,she could have turned round and achieved a peer review from...

Half the reason i am not sliding past Toolfair,this year,is to have a break from listening to their taciturn,bandwagon jumping diversionary evasive mealy-mouthed contradictory soul-sapping oratory bile...that,and a busy patch :vampire:

It's a shame,nobody speaks up,and tells us how these blue-chip scheme enforcers are forging an increase in quality and safety across the electrical spectrum...

And similarly,nobody ever chimes in,with what a great builder,Fred West was...

Just passed my DIS and the assessor, approved scheme assessor, jumped when I said I'd seen some vans with NICEIC on but no wording underneath. He said 'get straight on to me so I can pass it on' but siad it's usually a polite email to ask them to change the use.

I have made the assumption that they don't want to admit that contractors on their schemes do 'shady' work as they like to associate themselves with quality and reliability, hence why I have gone with them as the most recognised name with the public.

Has anyone ever got anywhere with reporting poor workmanship? Or is it as above, quiet silence when brought face-to-face??

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a combination of the two oldest levers,since before Archimedes. Money,and power,in that order.

The lone individual,when committing these infringements,both major and minor,will be jumped upon,and an easy,safe short legal journey,ensures a headline.

I am not for a moment,suggesting that some of these individuals are not deserving of this.

...Then there comes the bigger players,large companies,with national coverage,and big marketplace positioning.

Equally serious violations of practice or code,are cited as " isolated incidents" or are defended by the might of their own in-house legal facility.

You can imagine the conversation between a large company,and a scheme,where the companies staff,in a single town,exceeds the total number of the schemes workforce,nationwide.

I have a minor involvement with a case a pal of mine has brought to the attention of his scheme. It is against a BIG player,and has been dragging like molasses in winter,for the last 2 years.

Paperwork lost,photographs lost,copies lost,people ill or off or missing...new people,new paperwork,new game-plan...i indicated at the 6 month stage,where i thought it end up...nowhere.

It's no big deal...old enough to know how far the world i live in,is from perfect...basic human nature,always prevails.

I bet there are quite a few people doing that. The thing is, how many customers would actually check?

Your right, I only checked because the company that did my job was totally useless and crap. They had difficulty switching off the plug base's on the ground floor circuit. But the worst part I'd that NICEIC have said that they will ask the company to stop using there logo and put the company's name on the wall of shame, what is a wall of shame? Meaning NICEIC will do nothing. Then why are you lit paying for NICEIC membership. Use logo free, when you get court, apologies (After 5 years) and save all that money for membership

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right, I only checked because the company that did my job was totally useless and crap. They had difficulty switching off the plug base's on the ground floor circuit. But the worst part I'd that NICEIC have said that they will ask the company to stop using there logo and put the company's name on the wall of shame, what the f-ck is wall of shame? Meaning NICEIC will do nothing. Then why are you lit paying for NICEIC membership. Use logo free, when you get court, apologies (After 5 years) and save all that money for membership

Err, welcome to the forum!

Reply to Fined for misuse of NICEIC logo in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock