uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss first hour labour cost? - Hourly rate work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

£60 first, £40 thereafter. Works to around £250-300 a day if not charging for breaks - which is roughly my day rate give or take

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pricing / rates can also be subjective imo

job round the corner might just do flat rate regardless if it takes 1hr or 3hrs

job 45-50 minutes in the car will do double time the first hour to cover fuel

ive never really had a hard and fast hourly rate , only fixed price I ever had was day rate for builders

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think for too long back in the past sparks have been afraid to charge a proper rate.
roll back 10 years and I would regularly blurt out ‘oh just give me £20 an hour’ without really giving my time as a proper consideration.
I just wanted lots of work at any price really, rushing round like a made man trying to do 3 or 4 jobs some days.
roll forwards to now and i now know my main assets is my time and charge accordingly.
if people want it done Cheaper that’s absolutely fine but I won’t be doing it on the cheap anymore...

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
it's not just your time that you need to charge for. it's knowledge. this is where we fall down. wet pants charge up to £100.hour for just knowing that pi$$ flows downhill. with the knowledge we have, should be double that. e.g. £10 for hitting it with a hammer. £60 for knowing where to hit it.

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Water needs sorted in everyone's eyes quick.

Your paying for experience and todo it right.

Window cleaners brag about 150 a day, alcoholics are looking 70 + social.
Grass cutters are charging 15-20 per garden
Good Joiners are well payed.
List goes on

Reply to first hour labour cost? - Hourly rate work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net